• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Monumental Occurrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma7ie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just had to share a photo of Bob and Barry resting in close proximity to each other. This is the first time that I have seen this happen in the 5 weeks we have had them.
Usually they have to be at opposite ends of their cage and I get the impression that they just put up with each other and bicker constantly.
They are both roughly 1 year old rescues that had previously been neglected.
The rescue are not particularly piggy savvy, (they take in a variety of animals) and Bob and Barry came to them as a pair.
Over the last few weeks we have gradually given them more and more floor time because their cage is only 120cm. They now have at least 3 hrs a day out in their indoor run. I think because they have more freedom and space, this is really helping their relationship (or I could be talking rubbish). Anyway they seem much happier. :luv:20150428_115243.jpg

Aww they look very relaxed near each other x

I am a firm believer in plenty of space for boar pairs:nod:. They then can have 'me time' if they need it, or share their personal space instead which your two seem to have decided to do:).

There is nothing better than seeing relaxed, happy boys. Well done for doing the right things to make their life stress free :) Now enjoy the results!

Oh that's great news :) I think things often happen slowly with piggies, it's a gradual progression :) So lovely to see them adapting to their new home and getting more relaxed with each other. I believe they are likely to feel less stressed now they're in a good home and have more room, and this is spilling over in a good way with their attitude to each other :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back