• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Moon Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know the moon isnt full yet, but its nearing to being full, and as its so clear tonight I left my curtains open so the moonlight lights up my room rather than having my lamp on. This sent Archie mad, he keeps jumping around, rushing over rumbling at me, making me chase him and rub his chin etc. So finally, after some hours of this!, I pick him up and cuddle him at the window so he can see the moon fully, and he gazes into it while making his cuddle noises. And now I have shut the curtains, he has gone to sleep.

Aww that's so cute! I don't suppose you managed to catch a video or picture did you?

That's incredible! He obviously wanted to know why there was so much light when it should be dark! Reminds me of my pooch who is small & always begs to be picked up when I'm talking to my neighbours over the fence as she wants to see who I'm chatting with.

No photos or videos because the light, although bright, wasnt enough to pick up anything on the stupid camera :(
I have noticed the moon does weird things to lots of stuff, my frog, roaches and scorpy get more active or look at it, my pet cricket would gaze at it too. My grandad (who has dementia) always goes insane at full moon, my sister gets aggressive around full moon, and my bf gets very, er, loving, around full moon.
It definitely has some effect on everything, there was some article on BBC saying how people sleep less during full moon.
I try to let any animals I have see the moon and stars, I know some animals operate on a sort of lunar cycle and can orientate themselves via the stars. And I just love moonlight, its so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back