• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

more pigtures of my girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I managed to catch all three 8) and had all three in my home made cuddle cup. I got crystal first, she actually took a slice of cucumber and was eating it out my hand, but then I let go and she stopped eating it rolleyes She has slightly blue eyes I have noticed, not sure if they will darken or not but they are as gorgeous as her

5574794780_efc27aeab6.jpg

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5574210973_8fc11edbd1.jpg[img]

She seems to protest when I touch under her belly, I sat there for a while with her stroking her and getting her used to me touching her, I know she wasnt very happy about it but she liked it much less when I went round her belly, like I was going to pick her up, so I held my hand there each time till she stopped protesting, without picking her up as I want her to know nothing bad happens and I think this will help her trust me more.

next is minty, she was easier to catch today, didnt want any cucumber at all and I didnt have her out as long as fudge was calling for her and I didnt want to stress either two out too much, although they will have to learn to be independant, just not today.

5574212137_0044ed4b46.jpg

5574798670_62aa30265f.jpg

I thought she was mostly black but she is very dark brown, a lot darker than fudge.

and then the speedy little one, fudge, she actually was better today than yesterday (and I double checked her sex, deffinately female, I promised I wouldnt need to look at her bits again ;) )

5574215569_67aa64d12f.jpg

5574216537_96f50a4183.jpg

she started to close her eyes when I was rubbing behind her ears, she seems to like that.

You have beautiful piggies. Lovely to see them and very interesting to hear about their progress. Thank you.

and I stood there for a while and they went right back to eating so I dont think I stressed them out that much, they are much more settled today than yesterday and although they are still skittish I am glad they are happy to eat with me there - stressed animals dont eat, so its a very good sign.

5574219043_453db92f87.jpg

crystal comes in for some cucumber
5574220135_0369af5c98.jpg

takes her prize
5574221223_6727002c80.jpg

and retreats to a safe corner
5574222265_8fe93464e4.jpg

fudge decides if she wants to brave it to the veg bowl while minty asks crystal what she has got
5574808818_ff6d9930c5.jpg

hay is the prefured food for the duo
5574224345_ef94d27769.jpg

5574811404_fa5333edcc.jpg

I love the two of them with the front feet on the side, a right mini me and mum pair x)
5574226799_5e193963e3.jpg

crystal decided to hide instead
5574814550_bd384598fd.jpg

5574816838_6479151f11.jpg

when i first got my 2 guinea pigs they were so scared its taken 4 months to get them were they are now and there still very nervous and there still not sure about taking food from me.
so you've done very well to get them to take food off you!:D
lovley pictures there all gorgeous:)

awww god they are so lovely and iccle x)

Hope Peppers not feeling left out :(

She gets a lot of fuss and attention, I did tell her that if she was a lap dog then she would be more than welcome to sit on my lap too - but she isnt a cuddly dog, nor does she sit on laps (plus she is too big) :))

Looks like your beauties are settling in well!

PS: You can post up to 8 pictures in one post. I find it very useful to check whether everything is OK by making use of the preview button under the post before I'm submitting my pictures. It cuts down a lot on stress, as you have all the time you need that way.

aww you piggys are adorable ^) love your hutch set up aswel, it looks so snuggley x)

Looks like your beauties are settling in well!

PS: You can post up to 8 pictures in one post. I find it very useful to check whether everything is OK by making use of the preview button under the post before I'm submitting my pictures. It cuts down a lot on stress, as you have all the time you need that way.

I seem to take so long posting I get kicked out and have to log in again, then I lose all the new threads I was going to look at and I thought I would try it this way so I can stay in the status quo - which worked, but ended up with several posts :red Perhaps pressing preview would keep me logged in

Just been out to spot clean them this morning, all beds and snuggles are still dry and smell free, I might/**** change them tomorrow, hopefully my hot water will be back on soon enough. And the little monkeys had eaten all the hay, little porkers :o lol I think they just needed to know they were safe enough to chomp away, there is still hay in the old muzzle that they hadnt touched so they still had some available.

On the menu today is 2 sprouts, half a celery stick (I dont think they are that fond of celery), red pepper (1/8th of the bell pepper I have) and the treat for today is a small kiwi - can they eat the skin? I pealed it and sliced it for them just incase they couldnt.

Crystal again nibbled some kiwi from my hand, took a while for her to get close enough, and she even at one point tried to shove fudge towards my hand to test to see if it was safe lol, fudge wasnt very happy about that, minty sniffed but wasnt coming out of the hidey tunnel for nobody. Crystal is the bravest or greediest of the group, she is the only pig that will come close enough to me to eat from my hands, and when I left them alone to put up the run I turned round to see minty nomming on the sprouts, she seems to like the leafy stuff, crystal likes the really yummy stuff. Fudge was happy to nom the museli.

What gorgeous Piggies you have x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back