• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Morrison Trimmed Green Beans - Warning **

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So i sent my dad to the shop the other day for some green beans.. he came back and said Morrison's didnt have any trimmed ones at all so he bought me normal ones.

last night i saw online that Morrisons had recalled the trimmed ones due to a few people finding metal in them ! PLEASE CHECK IF YOU HAVE ANY !

LINK ADDED BY ADMIN https://www.food.gov.uk/news-update...the-product-may-contain-small-pieces-of-metal

Last edited by a moderator:
We can never decide whether to feed green beans or not? We once read about not feeding any variety of beans as the cases can be harmful (i.e. pea pods etc) but a few of the things we read also listed green beans. What does everyone think? We always used to feed them no problem but it's one of those now where we're not so sure so don't tend to anymore. Any advice much appreciated :)

We can never decide whether to feed green beans or not? We once read about not feeding any variety of beans as the cases can be harmful (i.e. pea pods etc) but a few of the things we read also listed green beans. What does everyone think? We always used to feed them no problem but it's one of those now where we're not so sure so don't tend to anymore. Any advice much appreciated :)
I thought green beans were fine but not runner beans? Our girls have green beans but not very often.

I think it's the bean bit of beans that is the problem, they contain poison? when raw, this doesn't effect us as we cook them. Fine green beans don't contain the bean. My boars love a bit of fresh runner bean from the garden but I just give them a bit of the green without the bean. Hope I've not given them something they shouldn't have.

I think it's the bean bit of beans that is the problem, they contain poison? when raw, this doesn't effect us as we cook them. Fine green beans don't contain the bean. My boars love a bit of fresh runner bean from the garden but I just give them a bit of the green without the bean. Hope I've not given them something they shouldn't have.
gosh me too cos mine have had the beans with the beans in this week !

crikey... mine have them every day ! usually the trimmed green beans but have had the beans with beans in this week !

I've never heard of this? My pigs have had green beans since I got them pretty regularly! They had some last night in fact. I also have eaten them raw since I was a kid, are we all eating poison?! XD

I've never heard of this? My pigs have had green beans since I got them pretty regularly! They had some last night in fact. I also have eaten them raw since I was a kid, are we all eating poison?! XD
Green beans are fine, I think piggieminder was referring to runner beans? Well beans with large beans inside the pod ifykwim!

Green beans are fine, I think piggieminder was referring to runner beans? Well beans with large beans inside the pod ifykwim!

Ooh that's okay then :)) My girls never liked those so I didn't bother again! I've been known to eat them raw though so I'll stop now :))

Ooh that's okay then :)) My girls never liked those so I didn't bother again! I've been known to eat them raw though so I'll stop now :))
This is quite an interesting thread......apparently undercooked beans may be more harmful than raw? And there is a possibility that if you have eaten them since childhood you may have built up an immunity to the 'toxin'.

Are runner beans poisonous?

This is quite an interesting thread......apparently undercooked beans may be more harmful than raw? And there is a possibility that if you have eaten them since childhood you may have built up an immunity to the 'toxin'.

Are runner beans poisonous?

Yes possibly! This is very interesting, I had no idea!

I've always eaten runner beans my Dad grew them and so do I, my mother always totally stews the life out of veg, maybe with the runners she was doing me a favour after all :)). My piggys get a fine green bean each most days they love them and they are low calcium, I'm pretty sure they are in the IC diet. They will only eat the ones grown in Kenya from M & S!

I've always eaten runner beans my Dad grew them and so do I, my mother always totally stews the life out of veg, maybe with the runners she was doing me a favour after all :)). My piggys get a fine green bean each most days they love them and they are low calcium, I'm pretty sure they are in the IC diet. They will only eat the ones grown in Kenya from M & S!
Discerning piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back