• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Mouse In The House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florrieberry

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi folks,
One of my daughters spotted a mouse in the kitchen the other night. Had them years ago before we had piggies so plugged in our two repeller plugs again ( had been removed for Xmas lights, don't seem to bother piggies)
So have two questions please ;
1. Are mice likely to try and climb into piggy cage, could they hurt them? (cage is kept about 20 inches off floor on two Ikea coffee tables)
2. As the two repeller plugs don't seem to bother piggies (not in same room) is an extra one likely to be OK /likely to improve chance of discouraging mice?

Can't kill any animals, have an old humane trap which I will get out today and leave in kitchen
Thanks

They will probably climb in the piggies cage. They fit through tiny little gaps, and they can jump and crawl high.

I cannot answer no. 2 sorry.
But humane mouse traps would be a good idea. Do you know where it is they are entering the house?

Can they climb up the outside of the smooth plastic base? It's about 6-8 inches high before the wire starts?
Don't know where they're getting in, is an oldish house so could be anywhere!

Can they climb up the outside of the smooth plastic base? It's about 6-8 inches high before the wire starts?
Don't know where they're getting in, is an oldish house so could be anywhere!
Yes, I am sure they could jump that. :(
Ah, I see.

Your little mouse will not hurt the piggies. He is just after their food. Bait your trap with chocolate and peanut butter. Works every time! I used a humane rat trap to catch the mice in my house, as reviews said that mouse traps didn't work. My trap looks like small black tunnel and has two metal plates inside. The mouse steps on both plates and completes an electric circuit and is electrocuted. Very quick. You may think that you've only got 1 mouse. I caught 5 in 2 days!

I would be worried about using those repeller plugs. They are designed to repel all rodents and piggies ARE rodents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back