• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Moving Day for My Piggies

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Betsy stands up on her hind legs and puts her front feet on door of the hutch and has taught Dennis to do so too. Dennis is sensible and as soon as he senses the door opening he gets down on all fours again. Betsy does not. Even though I open the door VERY slowly and move the food bowl in (or hand depending on whether its a meal or treat) as I open up the hutch door she doesn't move her front feet even though her head is down in the bowl grabbing whatever she can get her teeth into. Yesterday, if I hadn't have had my hand there she would have fallen 3ft down to the garage floor. Betsy is now as blind as a bat with cataracts so that may have something to do with it. I have decided to move Dennis and Betsy to the bottom of the hutch and Christian and Meg to the top of the hutch so that if Betsy should fall it'll only be an inch or so. Betsy will probably take a while to settle as she is so used to the layout at the top of the hutch but I would rather have her unsettled for a bit than get injured badly from a fall. The others won't like it either but you have to do what you have to do to protect your pets.

Oh dear Betsy you don't want to fall out your cage! Good job Slave is moving you sadly down to the ground. Don't worry it looks different you'll settle in soon and then Slave won't have to worry about you falling. Don't you see Dennis carefully stepping down as the door opens? 🤣

Wheeks and popcorns,
Eddie and Elvis

Oh dear Betsy you don't want to fall out your cage! Good job Slave is moving you sadly down to the ground. Don't worry it looks different you'll settle in soon and then Slave won't have to worry about you falling. Don't you see Dennis carefully stepping down as the door opens? 🤣

Wheeks and popcorns,
Eddie and Elvis

Dear Eddie and Elvis

I hope I get used to my new place. It is a bit different to the place I am living in now and no I can't see Dennis stepping down as I can't see anything anymore as my eyes don't work. My hooman says I have cataracts.

Wheeky wheeks
Betsy

Dear Betsy

I'm sorry about the cataracts. I bet it doesn't slow you down or affect your veggie finding abilities! Slave will make sure you are happy if your new place.

Wheeks and squeaks
Eddie and Elvis

Christian and Meg have now been upgraded to the Penthouse Suite and after a bit of an explore settled down to eat a yummy grass lunch. Dennis and Betsy will move into the Granny Flat this afternoon after the new fleece has gone in. I'll let you know what they think later.

Sounds like the best plan :) I have to be careful too as a few of mine (always the ones in the highest hutches for some reason) don't remember to get down!

Back