• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My 2 new Guinea Pigs :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have got my two new Guinea Pigs :)):)):))

Went down this morning and picked out 2 that we liked and then they said i would have to wait 7 - 10 days for the home check. :0 So went home feeling excited and sad that i would have to wait 2 weeks to have my new little piggies and then got a phone call from the RSPCA asking to come and do the home check. I passed the home check and then went and picked them up :)):)):)) They said it was the quickest adoption they have had hehe

They are so cute and have settled in really well. They were called Chill and Asparagus but we want to change the names. They munched down loads of veg when they got in as well. I will load some pics up in a bit :)

We are not too sure yet. We are thinking of Bill and Ted or i thought of Chilli and Pepper. I will have to have a think. :)

19022011405.jpg

19022011407.jpg

19022011409.jpg

Silly question but can anyone tell how old they are? They said they didnt have a clue how old they were.

Thanks everyone. I cant wait to get them out tomorrow and give them a good groom. They are a bit smelly so will need a bath once it warms up and they have settled in.

i love the black and white one! Bill and ted are great names too.
Age wise if you look at their nails it gives you some of a clue. If they are still quite pointy and thin they're young. If they are thick they're more likely to be older than 1. Are they both neutered? I just wondered as i know the RSPCA neuters boys but didn't know if they still did it in successful pairs of males. X

There nails are very short, i was surprised how short they were as mine arent that short. They do seem to be pointy.

They are not neutered, we could of paid extra to have it done but they didnt offer it.

The black and white one is 1kg and the brown one is 800g so they have a bit of weight to put on. They do feel a bit thin and munch down all there veg, pellets and hay really quick. The RSPCA said they dont get to feed them much veg and have to wait for people to donate. I will weigh them once a week to keep an eye on there weight.

Havent decided on names yet, has anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back