• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My beloved Rosie Posie

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Time to say a bit of a goodbye to my beauty (don’t want to :doh:).

My little Posie was born at my mum’s house to a rescued from a cardboard box cat called Stinky, my mum took her on after my sister found her when walking home one day. Wet, sloppy and smelly, hence the name! She was the last born of the 4 kittens and I fell in love as soon as I saw her! Her and her sister Daisy moved in October 2006 and my life revolved around them since then!
3B862647-7764-4D81-9287-3179F67BBEEF.jpeg
Original mummy Stinky (still going strong bless her!). And baby Rose ❤
B70B3F8E-5EBB-4ADC-8394-2A8A2C4E9ED0.jpeg
She was always a funny little girl with special little ways, like grooming my face in the morning to wake me up or the hilarious ‘drag herself across the carpet’ moves she’d do and want you to rub her belly before a little play fight. She was also obsessed with sticking her head in smelly shoes and rubbing herself all over handbags!?
She never scratched or got her claws out (unlike her sister!), was a bit of a scaredy-cat with most strangers but when she liked you you couldn’t get rid of her! And the noisiest beast you’d ever meet! People would ask where she was if they didn’t hear her in the background of a phone call as she was always attached to me and liked to join in!
4D472872-2D66-44FB-92AE-62B9131474F5.jpeg
BD49728B-8ABE-4724-A0E3-CB8860512949.jpeg
She was my little seizure-cat, seemed to have a sense when they were going to happen and she’d get out of the way, but 95% of the time when I opened my eyes afterwards she’d be next to me. Was such a lovely girl. Spent almost every night on my bed, most of the day would be wherever I was (even if she constantly got in the way!) and loved a good play in the evenings, although that slowed a bit when she got older!
02D4F3D1-2312-4BE5-8BEA-34BA06FFBAB4.jpeg
She always had a ‘special’ relationship with Pedro, Rupert and Jess, spent so many years together and she was such a softie (with only ever ‘hunting’ a worm in her life, that’s it!:))). She’d sit with me during night feeds and eye socket flushes with the boys, Rupert would actively look for her on the bed for a groom! (Would never let Daisy close, not to be trusted!)
845613AF-7463-417C-8670-972777C48A09.jpeg
Such a sweet girl, sadly Pedro didn’t agree when he improved and he hunted her, she became rather frightened of the little one-eyed nutter and chose to get away!

I was shocked when she became poorly, she was such a fighter throughout her life with her Dermatitis and UTIs, never missed a meal! Knew in the pit of my stomach she just wasn’t right.
Sadly the aggressive cancer was just too much for her little body, in such a short time, I just wish I’d had a bit more time with my extra special girl. I'm so glad she had a good day and was herself the day before I had to send her to the Bridge.
She’s hugely missed, even by her sister who really didn’t have much to do with her and now seems to have taken up her shadow role (but not quite as stuck to me as Rose was!). Still in shock but my little Posie-Pie is now hopefully at peace and in no more pain.

She gave me so many years of happiness, kept me company with all my seizures while stuck at home on my lonesome and I would’ve felt very alone without her. She was an amazing, beautiful and happy girl and will never be forgotten. My heart hurts but I’m thankful I was lucky enough to have her loveliness for all those years.

Love you so much Rosie Posie Pudding and Pie xx
F37E2EFA-744E-41FF-A649-44970592471F.jpeg
RIP Rosie 18.08.06 - 15.07.20

I’m so sorry you’ve lost Rosie Posie. I loved reading her and yours story. What a beautiful cat. As you said she leaves a huge place in your heart but the loveliness of having her in your life is immeasurable. Look after yourself and enjoy all those lovely memories 🥰

I'm so sorry for your loss Rosie sounds like she was such a special friend to you. Sleep tight Rosie 💕

As time passes, the pain will ease. I do believe in the human world we are somewhat spoiled with our way of life, people live longer and as a direct result we deal with death only later in life (this isn't always the case, there are of course exception's). This is where our animals play a very important part of teaching us the important of loss, sadness. We continue to look after them as the sadness out ways the impact on our life and the joy they bring throughout there lives.

As the saying goes, it's better to have loved and lost than never to love. You've been very lucky to meet such a huge character and Rosie lucky to have such a good home and well right now sadness is the raw emotion soon the happy times will return and you'll remember the reasons for the love you had for her.

Rip little Rosie, sleep well you will be sadly missed. 💖.

Thanks so much everyone, means such a lot that I have your support, on and off the forum. She really was a massive part of my life with her moving in when I was 20, such a big chunk I’ve spent with her and will take a big chunk to get over her too, well probably never will but won’t be so raw like you say @flintstones.
She really was one of a kind @Siikibam :luv:
But definitely doesn’t seem fair @Lorcan :no:

I hope she enjoyed getting stuck with me as an overprotective, soppy, pain in the bum owner! :)) I loved having her around and it’s still very strange being without her at the moment but I’m sure me and Daisy will adjust. Thanks again guys xx

So sorry you have lost your Rosie Posie. She was a beautiful kitten who grew into a beautiful cat who was so lucky to have found a loving and caring home with you.

Oh Becci I’m so very sorry you lost her, what a beautiful tribute to her. Rosie was one very special little lady and I can imagine just how big a whole in your heart she has left. Such a wonderful companion and amazing that we groomed Rupert, what a lovely nature Rosie had.
Rosie will be over the bridge looking down on you and your furries and slipperies while grooming Rupert and looking out for the fearsome one eyed Pedro and sending her love to you x

Oh Becci I’m so very sorry you lost her, what a beautiful tribute to her. Rosie was one very special little lady and I can imagine just how big a whole in your heart she has left. Such a wonderful companion and amazing that we groomed Rupert, what a lovely nature Rosie had.
Rosie will be over the bridge looking down on you and your furries and slipperies while grooming Rupert and looking out for the fearsome one eyed Pedro and sending her love to you x
She was such a special one, hope Ped’s not got her too much the naughty beast!
And sure Rupert was chuffed to see his extra-large lady with her raspy tongue! Strange pair that they were! :love: But that was her, full of love and oddness!
Thanks so much, been a crazy month but hope she’s looking down (probably with a bit of jealousy cuz Daisy’s nicked her cat tree and her spot on the bed next to her mum!) and isn’t too annoyed with the choices I made for her x

Hi. What a beautiful deep tribute to a lovely loved kitty then cat. . Life full of memories and great stories. . Thank you for sharing and tho painful Rosie Posie was needing a final love treat off you which is all so painful.
You will remember the great times without the sadness. .
Hope she's found my so loved and missed Gertrude and pussie rainbow world is fun.
Dave. Xx

becci I'm very sorry Rosie has gone to the rainbow bridge.she was a very special lady.her star will shine bright in the nights sky.the pain must be raw,i hope in time you can cherish the happy memories.
:hug:

Back