• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Chaps Love These Pellets, But What Are They?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrotyd

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The lady we bought our two boys off sent us on our way with a HUGE bag of pellets, which they love.

We're nearing the bottom of the bag now and I contacted her to ask where she got them and she said a local farm shop/pet food store.

When I went there they said the only pellets they sell are Burgess, which Harry and Lloyd will eat reluctantly.

I got back in touch with the lady we bought they guys off and she said she didn't know, so - in a last ditch attempt to ID the pellets, here is a picture.

Can anyone help? It's not the end of the world, I know, as my boys eat lots of hay, veggies and other stuff. Still, I'd like to know.

http://pinterest.com/pin/115123334200917199/?utm_source=android_share

Are they long and thin? Our boys got send with a mixture of asda and burgess and the burgess one where long and thin. I think burgess do more than one flavour.

They definitely aren't burgess. I wonder if they are a rabbit pellet or possible a hay based horse pellet? Sorry I can't help more x

They definitely aren't burgess. I wonder if they are a rabbit pellet or possible a hay based horse pellet? Sorry I can't help more x

That might make sense. The farm shop sells horse supplies and I only went in and asked for guinea pig food. That might be it.

Are they safe for piggies to eat?

That might make sense. The farm shop sells horse supplies and I only went in and asked for guinea pig food. That might be it.

Are they safe for piggies to eat?
If its not guinea pig food it won't be good for them. I would change their pellets. It sounds very suspicious that she doesn't know or won't tell you what shes feeding her pigs

If its not guinea pig food it won't be good for them. I would change their pellets. It sounds very suspicious that she doesn't know or won't tell you what shes feeding her pigs

From what she's said, I think it's just because she buys it in bulk and has done for a long time from this one shop... She's been really helpful so I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Glad we could help. I'm not sure what those pellets are like as I've never heard of them before. Could you post a picture of the ingredients if you buy some? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back