• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

my darling charlie 9/10/92 to 24/07/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
100_1946.jpg

this is my darling boy charlie who died today 24th July 06 he had suffered at least 2 strokes and was blind it broke our hearts to let him go but could not and would not let him suffer,
he was a darling boy never had a bad bone in his body and was a delightful brother to Max who we are lavishing care and time on now to ease his loss,
he was a very protective boy and adored the kids when they were babies and guarded them along with Max no one could get near them,
he was a lab cross border collie so he had all the great attributes of the 2 breeds all wrapped up in one Hugh fur ball of love and devotion,
my heart is aching badly and I feel so much pain at his passing but know he is now romping over the bridge with his eye sight fully restored,
the photo above was taken last week which as it turned out to be his last ever shower,
God bless you darling boy mummy is never ever going to forget you along with all the family, you leave a great big gaping hole in our lives, until we meet again, I will keep you in my heart,
max also sends his love and is missing you badly,

Charlie, you are so beautiful.

Be good until your mummy comes back to you x

RIP, Charlie, you will be greatly missed. Take care of the others on the bridge.

This poem always helps me. Hope it's ok. Love to you.

The Last Battle
If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears

ahhh Kelly I cant see for the tears now, :'( that poem sums it all up so well, its has been the hardest decision in my life, :-\ but my gut feeling is it was right, but my heart is breaking still, :'( everyone both here and around me have been so nice and it helps a little, but to be honest I just want to be with him, the lady phoned from the pet cemetery, he was cremated this morning,
max his brother is sitting by the front door waiting for him , bless his heart, :'(
I have made a decision though myabe some of you may think this wierd but at the pet cemetery they also let human ashes be sprinkled or buried with your pets ashes. so now i have 2 dogs ashes charlie and muffin (from 92) and any future dogs will all be saved and be with me at the end, as i said to Mick what a perfect thing for me being laid to rest in a pet cemetary, I have always preferred animals to people, so what a fitting end for me, I'm going to arrange it all when I pick Charlie up this week.
what do you all think?

That's a lovely idea Michelle. The poem really helps when you have to make a choice.

Thoughts are with you.

x

Kelly I have copied the poem and put a picture of charlie at the bottom of it laminated it and am going to be leaving it in the pet cemeterys condolance book hope thats ok,

Awww that sounds really nice Michelle. It's by an anonymous person love, but have always used it for myself, friends and family and remember it as it has a lot of meaning to it.

Big hugs to you

x

I am so sorry Michelle.

I would love to be buried with my guineas too!

thank you all for your kind words, I'm still what I would call in a zombie state, I found the dogs shampoo I used last week, and that set me off crying, so its little things that get me going,
but if I feel like crying I just think of poor Max he has lost his brother, poor baby he is following me around and if I dont see him I feel panicky, and now i have been told that the heat was the final thing for charlie I am fanatical that Max and the piggys are cool, the vets even put up a sign saying if you feel hot then your animals must be as well and tips to keep all animals cool like not letting them out until its cooler etc and not to take them on a long walk keep them in the shade if they do go out, poor max is watched like a hawk at the moment, Lisa lost 3 rabbits this past week and half and I lost charlie so you can understand why I am wary of this damn heat ( never liked it anyway). >:(

Michelle I'm so very sorry for you and your family. Its so hard to let go of a loved one but you did the right thing.
You are in my thoughts
xx

michellemuffin said:
I have made a decision though myabe some of you may think this wierd but at the pet cemetery they also let human ashes be sprinkled or buried with your pets ashes. so now i have 2 dogs ashes charlie and muffin (from 92) and any future dogs will all be saved and be with me at the end, as i said to Mick what a perfect thing for me being laid to rest in a pet cemetary, I have always preferred animals to people, so what a fitting end for me, I'm going to arrange it all when I pick Charlie up this week.
what do you all think?

I think that's fantastic! I'd love my final resting place to be with my fur-kids.
So sorry for your loss
Niki x

I am so glad you think along the same lines as me and dont think me wierd, but to me it makes perfect sense, animals I adore people are not my fav species lol mind you those with guinea addictions are great,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back