• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My dear old man guinea died last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

zez

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't find my original thread, but I wanted to let you know that my dear old man Tikka (6 years) passed away last night. He was being treated for a UTI but the vet had stated that he was showing loads of signs of old age (really slowing down, massive weight loss etc), so although the UTI was fixable he probably wouldn't last as he was dying of old age.

Yesterday he was off pellets, but eating veg. I made the decision that if he was still off his pellets in the morning I may have to consider euthanasia. Thankfully, and i know that sounds harsh, he passed last night with his friend cuddling up to him. I am so pleased that it wasn't a long drawn out process adn that he could die in his bed rather than a vets office.

RIP my lovely Tikka

I'm so sorry for your loss.
RIP Tikka. Run free x

so sorry for your loss hun
r i p tikka run free xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry you have lost your little pig Tikka. So much better for him to have passed cuddled by his friend in his own house. xx

Hi Zez,

I'm really sorry for your loss and our thoughts our with you and you other piggies. I think you have the right attitude about it too. We should all be so lucky to pass away in the night, at home where we're loved and with our closest.

Thank you all for your kind words. We burried him today and it was sad, but a relief to know he had a good life and a dignified death.

We found his cagemate a new friend today too. It seems so soon, but the kids were so worried Danzac would get lonely I thought it would help them.. The introduction has gone well. I only hope max lives to be half the guinea his predecessor Tikka was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back