• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My guinea Helpline Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

Before relaunching my site, I'm thinking about having my landline rescue number reconnected again. At the meoment I use my mobile, but wonder if that is a bit off putting re the cost of calls. Also I believe people will ahve a little more confidence in calling a landline, there are so many vague guinea pig "rescues" around at the moment ::)

Any thoughts?
A second line will be a must as in the past I have had some crazy people ring, plus hubby would get mighty "miffed" having to respond to guinea pig queries on his days off :D

Barbara

cavykind said:
Before relaunching my site, I'm thinking about having my landline rescue number reconnected again. At the meoment I use my mobile, but wonder if that is a bit off putting re the cost of calls. Also I believe people will ahve a little more confidence in calling a landline, there are so many vague guinea pig "rescues" around at the moment ::)

Any thoughts?
A second line will be a must as in the past I have had some crazy people ring, plus hubby would get mighty "miffed" having to respond to guinea pig queries on his days off :D

Barbara

Hi Barbara,
Personally i think that's a great idea, most people i know, myself included would rather ring a landline than a mobile esp. if they have a phone crazy teen in the house (as we do) they may have a block on their phone which doesn't allow you to ring mobiles from it (as we now do ;D)

Hi Niki,
You know i had never even thought of that, but now you mention it...I know my sis has a block on hers, for the very reason you mention.... ::)

I know when I have to ring a mobile I am always conscious of the cost as I'm never sure how much I'm being charged. I know that in the past, people calling for general guinea chat or help can talk for ages...it's a good job I don't work. If I go back to nursing, I'll be getting the old answering machine out again ;)
Barbara

Think that's a great idea, and like you said, people like to talk but the cost of calling a mobile can hold them back. :)

I'll post my number here when I'm connected :)

I think it will look much better than my mobile. There seems to be a different "rescue" or rescue advert in our local free ad papers every few weeks. Vague nameless rescues with mobile numbers offerring to take in unwanted guinea pigs, it's so worrying and to be honest, it makes me so mad. I rather wonder where these little creatures end up or who they are sold on to...

Hopefully a rescue willing to give it's name and landline number might reassure people that we are genuine. I hope so.

Barbara

cavykind said:
Hopefully a rescue willing to give it's name and landline number might reassure people that we are genuine. I hope so.

I think you're right there. :)

Great got my old rescure number 0191 4550135...probably not available until I buy a new cordless phone and answer machine ::)
Sometime tomorrow!

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back