• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig has loose front teeth after a fall

CookieAngel18

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Katie and I own two Guinea pigs called cookie and angel who are almost 2 years old 😊 unfortunately, I had an accident where I was running home with angel because my parents called me for dinner, I tripped over and dropped angel and she must have smashed her face on the concrete floor, she has a pretty sore looking cut or a bruise on her mouth and both her front teeth are loose, this happened around 2 days ago and she hasn't been eating and struggles to hold the food in her mouth, normally we give her food and she'll take it with her mouth and walk away. I'm not sure whether she needs to have her teeth taken out or they will just fall out by themselves.if anyone could maybe be able to possibly give me any information that would be amazing and I thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to read this, i really appreciate any kind of information or support because my Guinea pigs honestly mean the world to me 💓Here are some photos of angel so you can get an idea of what the injury looks like although my camera isn't the best 😓20200618_210245.jpg20200615_182306(0).jpg20200615_191006.jpgIMG-20200609-WA0006.jpg

Hey everyone, my name is Katie and I own two Guinea pigs called cookie and angel who are almost 2 years old 😊 unfortunately, I had an accident where I was running home with angel because my parents called me for dinner, I tripped over and dropped angel and she must have smashed her face on the concrete floor, she has a pretty sore looking cut or a bruise on her mouth and both her front teeth are loose, this happened around 2 days ago and she hasn't been eating and struggles to hold the food in her mouth, normally we give her food and she'll take it with her mouth and walk away. I'm not sure whether she needs to have her teeth taken out or they will just fall out by themselves.if anyone could maybe be able to possibly give me any information that would be amazing and I thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to read this, i really appreciate any kind of information or support because my Guinea pigs honestly mean the world to me 💓Here are some photos of angel so you can get an idea of what the injury looks like although my camera isn't the best 😓View attachment 145846View attachment 145847View attachment 145848View attachment 145849
Oh no! I hope angle is okay! She will need a vet checkup to be safe as it looks like she has a nasty cut. :(

Oh no! I hope angle is okay! She will need a vet checkup to be safe as it looks like she has a nasty cut. :(
She's okay now, we're planning on getting her an appointment asap, she's started eating again but we've been mashing her nuggets up with some water to make it softer and she ate it straight away so atleast she's been eating now 😊 thank you

Definitely get her checked over by a vet. Have you started syringe feeding her, if she can't eat for herself?
I've been mashing up her food for her to make it softer, my biggest concern is how both the top teeth are hanging so I hope the teeth are gonna fall out, anyone know if they naturally fall out or we have to get them taken out?

20200618_233009.jpgangel is now being her normal self, running around and being super happy and making her happy sounds, she's also eaten a lot of food, we're going to the vets tommorow and getting the teeth checked and the cut just incase but so far she seems to be fine and taking it on like nothing happened, she's a tough little warrior angel is, she's had injuries before and dealt with it like nothings wrong 😊

View attachment 145868angel is now being her normal self, running around and being super happy and making her happy sounds, she's also eaten a lot of food, we're going to the vets tommorow and getting the teeth checked and the cut just incase but so far she seems to be fine and taking it on like nothing happened, she's a tough little warrior angel is, she's had injuries before and dealt with it like nothings wrong 😊

I am glad that she is better in herself, but good that you are having her checked out!

Oh I'm so sorry :(. The best way to keep her alive is to feed her in a syringe. Hope she is still ok! This is what made my old guinea pig die. But he was also old too

Oh I'm so sorry :(. The best way to keep her alive is to feed her in a syringe. Hope she is still ok! This is what made my old guinea pig die. But he was also old too
I am so sorry for your loss. :(
Please do only send positivity to the OP, though. Seeing this may cause a concern.
Send positive healing vibes by giving her and her piglet a heart. :luv:💕

We're on our way to the vets now, Angel's top teeth have fallen out this morning, unfortunately I haven't been able to find them but the main thing is, she ate her breakfast and she's very happy, happier then usual actually 😁

We're on our way to the vets now, Angel's top teeth have fallen out this morning, unfortunately I haven't been able to find them but the main thing is, she ate her breakfast and she's very happy, happier then usual actually 😁

All the best!

PLEASE keep all updates to the original thread to make it easier for us to keep track. We are jumping between lots of different threads in a day so we would be grateful if we could check back which ongoing case you are actually talking about. Thank you!

Back