• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My guinea pig is being picky...

mingraters

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig, Beauty, is about a year old. And she's really picky! She eats western timothy hay but she refuses to eat any other part of the hay but the seed heads. Whenever she finishes finding them, she just pulls the rest of the hay out and starts wheeking. Not only has it become a hassle to spot- clean every few hours or so, but I'm getting really worried that there isn't enough hay in her diet. Can anyone help?

Hi!

Have you tried another type of hay, for example meadow hay?
What is it eating (what's its diet)?

Hi!

Have you tried another type of hay, for example meadow hay?
What is it eating (what's its diet)?
Hello!
I have not thought of meadow hay, but her previous owner said that she refuses to eat most other types except timothy.

I have been unable to buy her much else, but she mostly has hay, her vitamins, and salads. I am very adamant to buy her pellets, but I have been unable to at the moment.

If you can I would try a different type of hay to try and find out what she will eat.

Here are a few feeds that you can get online
Harringtons pellets
I get m from Asda
Burjess xl with mint
You can get that from pets at home

Just keep trying her with things, sometimes it takes a while for a piggy to realise they like something!

Back