• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig is making these weird breathing noise

honeydew_eden

New Born Pup
Reaction score
She is making this weird cackling breathing noise, but isn't coughing or sneezing and she is eating/drinking water. At first I had thought it was something got do with her lungs and such but then also found that her stomach is a little bloated like a ball is in there. Please if anyone can help me that would be amazing.
She is four years old and I used to give her pellets but I stopped two months ago and only give her veggies and hay and she's eating it.

I think a vet trip is the best idea, it is possible that the breathing noise is just from eating too fast, but it could be the start of a URI, and if she is still eating and pooping the bloat sounds quite mild so far, but both bloat and breathing problems can get worse fast- so best get her booked in with the vet for a check up just to be on the safe side!

I think a vet trip is the best idea, it is possible that the breathing noise is just from eating too fast, but it could be the start of a URI, and if she is still eating and pooping the bloat sounds quite mild so far, but both bloat and breathing problems can get worse fast- so best get her booked in with the vet for a check up just to be on the safe side!
Ok thank you thank you

Back