• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig is smacking

MollythePiggylover

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just now my guinea pig pudding was smacking. I do not know what this means. I don't know if it is something to do with her health or if it's just a normal thing. She looks well and this is probably nothing, but I am still concerned.IMG_2865 (1).jpg

Hi! It's 8pm here too! Can you link a video of it?

I'm sorry I do not have a video but it sounded like she was smacking on mac n cheese or something wet like that almost like the asmr videos

it’s not a description of anything I’m familiar with.
had you just fed her? Had she had a drink of water?
if you are worried, then you need to take your piggy to a vet.

How's she doing now? I think I know what you're talking about, if it was just after eating some vegetables? Like the sound of her trying get something unstuck with her tongue?

One of my piggies would make that sound, unfortunately when her teeth (molars) were needing to be trimmed. You might want to have her teeth checked at the vet if you hear it again.

Back