• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Guinea pig just sits in the same place! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the boy is not nueted as i just wanted to get her a friend! So if she lands up preggies its fine i will take him at a later stage to get neauted! I'm guessing he is about 3 to 5 months cause he is bigger than her and alot fatter! She is atleast eating and i have stoped giving her rabbit pellets! Hes poos are not dark! But i gave them both a half a carrot lastnight!

I suggest you take the male out immediatly, you dont really want her to end up pregnant. Alot of people will agree with me on here, its irresponsible

I suggest you take the male out immediatly, you dont really want her to end up pregnant. Alot of people will agree with me on here, its irresponsible

I just about to say the same thing but didn't know how to say it without sounding harsh. It's very irresponsible considering all the things can go wrong.

I just about to say the same thing but didn't know how to say it without sounding harsh. It's very irresponsible considering all the things can go wrong.

I know, i was thinking it will be harsh, but theres no point tip toe-ing round it, things need to be said :) i dont want to come across as nasty, so hopefully i wont! :))

I will do! The problem is i though she was just maybe lonely! No point in saying i am irrasposible as i am here to learn! But thanks alot for all the info i will put everything into practice as soon as i get home!

I might just stress myself that pigs do need to live in pairs but it doesn't harm them to live alone, I have 6 pigs, 4 live alone, 2 together. The reason is they all fought and had to be seperated (they were in 2's before). They all live side by side (cages next to each other) so they can smell and talk to each other but can do no other damange.

You really do not need a pregnant guinea pig as you seem to only be learning about them yourself, plus with the female being unwell, it could potentionally kill her. Either take your male back and ask for a female and bond them before they live together or get him neutered straight away and then bond them (guinea pigs can't just be put together, they need to be bonded on netural territory) in their run, with boxes to hide in and lots of food.

Read the sticky threads and split them up straight away.

I hope you keep us up to date. x

ok i phoned my vet who deals with my dogs and snakes and he said i must come buy the calcium powder from them! and she will be fine he has had alot of problems of this sort of thing!

I will do! The problem is i though she was just maybe lonely! No point in saying i am irrasposible as i am here to learn! But thanks alot for all the info i will put everything into practice as soon as i get home!

I wasnt saying you were irresponsible, i was saying its irresponsible to let your guinea pig get pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back