• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My guinea pig managed to get a piece of hay up her anus. I don’t know how it happened

It’s normal.

Please may I ask that you don’t use abbreviations. Some of us on here aren’t as clued up about them so it makes things difficult to decipher posts! 😁

Yes also please keep this sort of post for the guinea pig chat section or similar, not the health and illness thread if you removed the hay without issue and you are just making a casual observation.
The H&I thread is closely monitored by staff and experienced volunteers to give rapid advice about serious health issues.
Its like calling 911 for piggies, or 111 or 999 from the UK. For health issues that require serious advice.

I removed it, but has anyone else had this happen? XD

Hi

Guinea pigs have a tiny scent gland just in front of the genitalia which they rub on the floor to scent mark their territory; they can pick up accidentally other stuff from the floor while doing it.

PS: Please leave our various Care sections (which are specially monitored by experienced members to ensure good and welfare compatible advice) for asking for advice, posting your sympathy or adding personal experiences with the particular subject in question only if you can really contribute your own experiences.
Please use the Chat sections for exchanging experiences and opinions.

We would appreciate it if you didn't use text speak and abbreviations. We have members of all ages and from around the world, a number of which are not native English speakers and not necessarily fluent in English. Thank you!

Back