• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig passed away.

Maryjames

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am beyond sad today. Pickles passed away. She was getting very sleepy and I rushed her to the local vet who said she was very poorly and had fluid in her heart and all through her body. She wasn't eating and was heaving. Her nose that was normally pink started to turn blue. That vet gave me some antibiotics but said she would probably be gone before the day is out because her heart and lungs were filled with fluid. I then raced her to Poole and she saw Alphonse I think was his name and he concured that she was dying. I'm at a complete loss as to what happened. I knew she was feeling sleepy lately but I honestly just though she was healing and not quite her bubbly self. I feel sort of empty right now. They suggested that she be put down. They said she was struggling to breathe and that she was in alot of pain. I couldn't just take her home knowing that she was so ill so I agreed that was the right thing to do. I feel lost. I don't know what happened. The vet said that she could have had a tumor in her lungs that exploded or perhaps in her chest area. But she just had surgery and was on the mend. Don't know if you've ever experienced this but your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Quote Reply
Prev

[IMG alt="Maryjames"]https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/data/avatars/m/121/121336.jpg?1458328424[/IMG]

I am so sorry for your loss. You have done the kindest thing. I, too, like many of us on here, have suddenly and unexpectedly lost a piggy in a similar way. Sadly there aren’t always answers. Sleep tight little one

I am so sorry you have lost Pickles x
Sleep tight little piggie 🌈

Really feel for you, also had a pig pts today after a sudden issue. The grief feelings are weird when it's out of the blue. You did everything possible for Pickles, you even got a second opinion. Please believe me that you did the kindest thing. As Merab's slave says, be gentle on yourself.

Back