My hero is . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Roger Harrison of Bath Veterinary Centre.

I can't thank him enough for what he did for Scarby. He said he has never removed a lobe of liver from a guinea before. He rang me this morning too. I think he thinks Scarby is a miracle!

bevs

Reaction score
Keep hold of him, good guinea vets are rare.

Is he married?

Would he like a mistress? ;D

G

gothchick1515

Aww bet your glad it was him who saw Scarby my vet wouldnt have offered surgery they think any animal that isnt a dog or cat or rabbit isnt worth sugery :( well done to him x

D

DebbieR

Yes keep hold of him. He's a rare breed. Where is he located?

michellemuffin

Reaction score
tell him he's a hero to all us young (yeah right) women, and we need him to be a travelling vet lol

M

Michele

Definitely keep hold of him.

I know how you feel though. If it wasnt for the dedication of the John Chitty and the other vets at Strathmore Vets in Andover Jacques wouldnt be here.

Scarby is a miracle. I think all piggies how go through surgery are miracles cos their little body dont do to well being put under.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Exactly. Think of the size of their lungs compared to ours! Scarby had Isoflurane for his gas, which is what people have - so sweet!

C

claire

Thats great that you have found a good vet and Scarby is a little miracle.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What I love about Roger is that he never says there is nothing he can do; he never implies guineas aren't worth bothering with, and he never once suggested putting Scarby to sleep, which i am sure many vets would have. Even with Dr, Roger was already thinking what he could do for Dr if only he had survived. I also think his prices are very reasonable!

I am so sorry to hear some of you have crap vets.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Finally found a good one! LOL

All my years of having piggies! Off to my parents in a bit. My dad is taking Icey up to the vet.

He's a big softy really. It's not often he'll hold one, let alone pick one up! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.