My Jude Bunny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So Jude hasn't been able to be out all over the backyard lately as Jimmy the new dog is not at all good with small animals. Although she's not much smaller than him, he wants to eat her ;) Anyways, I think she was a bit PO'd that I used her hole that she was digging to China as a lovely burial site for my piggies, Oreo, Spike and Gigantica, so she's off to start a new one. Crazy lady! I haven't had her out for a good week so she's got a lot of digging to catch up on! I got so excited that her "waddle"- scientifically known as a dewlap, has grown in! She's a real lady bunny now ;) Here are some photos of Jude and a couple that I snapped of Jimmy and Eagle! She keeps burying Oreo's rock and I keep fixing it ;)

Turns out that Jimmy is far from housetrained and we're having quite the task of getting him to realize that peeing inside the house is NOT okay! But he gets lots of scratches and kisses when he pees outside and we bought him a belly band which seems to be making a difference. I also cut his nails yesterday- unfortunately had to muzzle him as he turned savage right away and he'll rip you up good if he gets a hold of you :( It's good that we know now though, so that we can make sure everyone is aware in the future-ie: groomers! We've also started to use a spray bottle filled with water to reprimand him as he does not like to be told "no" and thinks it's okay to bite when he wants to get away with something. Sigh. And THAT'S what happens when you spoil a dog for 12 years of it's life. Honestly, even though I'm right seething that the foster parents and rescue outright lied to me about this dog, I'm glad he came to us because anyone else would have sent him back by now and a biting, not potty trained, separation anxiety plagued dog doesn't have much chance at the age of 12. He really is a sweet boy once he gets his exercise and told off for inappropriate behaviour. I just wish I could have gotten him earlier and given him a better life. But that's that. He's with us now and all is well!

Eeeeheeehee! I'm like a proud mama! Look at that dewlap!

Such a tough life ;)

Such a bad bunny :)

Jimmy!

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hahaha! Should have seen me trying to touch Jude's dewlap. I was all, "C'mon Juuuuude! Let mommy see it!".... and Jude's pretty much, "Get away crazy human that cleans up my droppings." ;) Rabbits are such sassy creatures!

P

piggyfan

Jude really is stunning! She will soon be digging another hole to China! It is so sad that Jimmy was never trained but he found the perfect family to help him learn.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Jude really is stunning! She will soon be digging another hole to China! It is so sad that Jimmy was never trained but he found the perfect family to help him learn.
Awww thanks! She's pretty full of herself that sassy lady :) Hahaha!

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Beautiful, I had no idea that patch was called a dewlap, we always called it a bunny bit. I have a dewlap :( just like a bunny

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Beautiful, I had no idea that patch was called a dewlap, we always called it a bunny bit. I have a dewlap :( just like a bunny
Bahahaha! SO DO I! In fact, I am now going to refer to it as my "dewlap" rather than my second chin :) Much better! Lol! Seriously, awesome! I actually only just recently learned that it was called a dewlap as well. I guess it's used to keep the babies warm! So cute :) Your comment made my day!

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh wow I did not know you had a rabbit too! Shes beautitful! What breed is she? I love her colouring.
I was just chatting to my rabbit, Katie! Do all rabbits have a dewlap? I have never noticed katies, shes 5 this year, but then she is a lionhead with so much fluff that I cant see much of her body!

Jimmy is also a beautiful dog, but gosh he has a lot of problems. I really admire you for sticking by him and trying to sort him out. I could not cope with a biting dog who was not house trained. I'm so glad that you got him and not a family with children.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh wow I did not know you had a rabbit too! Shes beautitful! What breed is she? I love her colouring.
I was just chatting to my rabbit, Katie! Do all rabbits have a dewlap? I have never noticed katies, shes 5 this year, but then she is a lionhead with so much fluff that I cant see much of her body!

Jimmy is also a beautiful dog, but gosh he has a lot of problems. I really admire you for sticking by him and trying to sort him out. I could not cope with a biting dog who was not house trained. I'm so glad that you got him and not a family with children.
I think just the larger rabbits have the dewlap, but I could be wrong! She's a Flemish Giant! They are supposed to be the gentlest of rabbits and she really is a big sweetheart!

Yep Jimmy is a pooper, but he's very endearing and also very smart so I think he's learning pretty fast. Hard when they're deaf though because they don't know right away that they've done right or wrong just by the sound of your voice lol! He's improved already so hopefully, he'll keep improving :)

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
are you training Jimmy with hand signals, if he is deaf? thats an extra challenge!
I'm kind of shocked he is not house trained. I mean, that was actually quite neglectful on the part of his previous owners! And my Dreamy-dog was considered "late" for house training at 17 weeks! How can he have lived in a house for 12 years and never been trained?

Edited to say: Or do you think he is slightly senile now? My old dogs have sometimes started to have "accidents" in the house when they became very elderly. Could it be that?

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh I love Jude! She has always reminded me of Acorns bigger sister from the other side of the world! And now Acorn is gone, I love seeing a giant version of her hahah!

I also never knew a bunnys chin was called a dewlap! Ive always wondered what that was called!

It's amazing what you are doing for Jimmy also, he is so beautiful! It must be a real challenge that needs a lot of patience! I hope things continue to improve with him for you :D

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
are you training Jimmy with hand signals, if he is deaf? thats an extra challenge!
I'm kind of shocked he is not house trained. I mean, that was actually quite neglectful on the part of his previous owners! And my Dreamy-dog was considered "late" for house training at 17 weeks! How can he have lived in a house for 12 years and never been trained?
I know! That's what I can't figure out! Plus, the foster mom said that she had him for 2 months and the only time he had an accident in the house was when he had an upset tummy, which is totally understandable- but she lied about other things so..... The first night we had him, I found a wet spot on the rug we have in the hallway and I thought maybe it was from my other dog as she likes to drool all over her feet when she's licking them lol. But then I caught him having a big old pee on the floor right after he went for a walk and had a pee and poop already! He goes for an long hour off-leash walk everyday and does his business. He's also let out often into the backyard. I've caught him several times now just peeing wherever he likes. I thought that maybe he was marking his territory but nope, full out peeing. Sometimes, he goes out into the yard for a pee when I make him go out and then, comes in and pees on something! I wonder if his previous owner had him pee on those pee pads or something? That's the only thing I can come up with. He's not scared or anything so it's not that. He literally just has this stubborn look on his face when you catch him in the act lol! He's very set in his ways that's for sure. Then I messaged the foster mom and she said that when his owners friends came to clean out the house, they told her that he would pee and poop all over the house and bite people. I told her how unhappy I am that she didn't mention any of these problems when I asked her all about the dog before I adopted him, and she hasn't gotten back to me- I don't expect to hear back from her. It's frustrating, that's for sure! We've taught him how to sit with a hand signal so far. We use a spray bottle to reprimand him and he's pretty good about stopping after a little squirt. He's not a horrible dog. He loves to cuddle and give kisses. He's just not had any rules really, so it's a big adjustment for him.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Edited to say: Or do you think he is slightly senile now? My old dogs have sometimes started to have "accidents" in the house when they became very elderly. Could it be that?
No, I was expecting that from an elderly dog, but this is full out stubborn peeing because he doesn't want to go outside lol

Status
Not open for further replies.