• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My little lady Faradi has lymphoma

Powerpigs

PHOTO COMPETITION WINNER
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been inactive on the forum for over a year due to life getting in the way. But now I'm here again, seeking maybe some sympathy for my sweet little lady Faradi, who has sadly been diagnosed with lymphoma today. She's happy in herself, eating and enjoying life with her partner in crime Ohmi. She has been prescribed Metacam by the vet. The lumps on her throat don't seem to bother her, although they are quite big already.

I can't believe I'm about to lose her soon :(
Here she is enjoying lap time with Ohmi.
IMG_20200713_222753.jpg

So sorry to hear this. I lost an old 7 year old boar to this is 2018. I was gutted, especially because other than that, he was fully healthy. He had a hard lump in the neck area

Sorry you had a bad diagnosis. All you can do is give Faradi happy days. As long as she is pain free and with her friend and you then I’m sure that’s all she will need. When the time comes I hope it’s a peaceful passing.

I’m so sorry. My nearly 14yr old cat Rosie actually got diagnosed with the exact same thing today (her stomach/bowel area) and I haven’t got long with her either :( Along with my 7yr old piggy Jess being on palliative care with her kidneys :(
I hope you have lots more special time together like I’m hoping I do with my special girls. Big hugs xx

Hi and welcome back!

BIG HUGS

I am very sorry about your diagnosis. Sadly there is no recovery. The time you have left ranges between a few days to mostly weeks; a few months is rather rare. In advanced stages opiates and steroids can be given, but it is always a weighing up of how far you want to take things and where you draw the line... :(

Please re-set the clock to zero and see every extra day you have with Faradi as a precious gift; make the most of it in terms of enrichment and love. Love transcends time; a moment of time can be filled by a lifetime of love. While this is a bitter-sweet time, it is within your control just how bitter or sweet it is going to be.

You may find these guides here helpful in this difficult time:
A Practical and Sensitive Guide to Dying, Terminal Illness and Euthanasia in Guinea Pigs
Human Bereavement: Grieving, Coping and Support Links for Guinea Pig Owners and Their Children

So sorry for the sad news. My girlfriend's pet past away 3 y ago due to the Lymphoma. All I can say spent as much time with her as possible and make each minute count.

I’m so sorry for the sad news :( I’ve lost two piggies now to lymphoma and one to another type of cancer. All I can suggest is to spend as much time with her as you can, take lots of photos and make memories x

Oh my . . Sorry to hear about Faradi. . Course you know she's poorly . . Luckly piggie doesn't. Time now to spoil and love each day. . Send you all lots tlc. Xx

So sorry to hear about Faradi.
I recently lost Jemimah to an abdominal mass - getting the news was awful.
You can give her lots of happy todays and make lots of good memories in whatever time you have left.
Holding you in my heart

I'm so sorry for the sad news. Cherish the time you have. Sending huge hugs xx

Aw, what sad news about Faradi, I’m so sorry for you, sending hugs x
Make lots of lovely memories with her and Ohmi x

Thank you all for your lovely words, they mean a lot xx

Faradi is still a happy piggy, she is enjoying her Metacam and extra cuddles and treats. I have spoilt her rotten for the past few days. The lumps have grown a bit I think, but mostly they don't seem to bother her. Only when she is washing it seems that it's a little hard for her to reach her face, bless her. She is also holding her weight quite steady, I'm weighing her every day now just in case.

IMG_20200713_214152.jpg

Thank you all for your lovely words, they mean a lot xx

Faradi is still a happy piggy, she is enjoying her Metacam and extra cuddles and treats. I have spoilt her rotten for the past few days. The lumps have grown a bit I think, but mostly they don't seem to bother her. Only when she is washing it seems that it's a little hard for her to reach her face, bless her. She is also holding her weight quite steady, I'm weighing her every day now just in case.

View attachment 148239
I’m glad she is still happy

Aw, she’s gorgeous I hope you have lots of happy days together x

It is time, I have booked a vet appointment for today for Faradi to be pts. :soz:

She has been a happy and active piggy despite the lumps growing. Yesterday evening she suddenly looked quite poorly just before her evening Metacam, and I decided to go ahead and book the time. Maybe a bit early as she perked up right after her med, but I don't want her to suffer any longer than necessary. The lumps are huge now, and they seem to get in her way a bit, and the fact is that she's not getting better. This way she'll get to pass in peace, with the help of our regular vet, before she gets any worse.

Here she is enjoying her last evening lap time with Ohmi.
IMG_20200802_205417.jpgIMG_20200802_212947.jpg

I’m so sorry for you and your loved Faradi and Ohmi - when we own pets we have to take the bad time as well as enjoying the good time. It is always difficult. You are putting Faradi’s well being before your own and that proves just how much you love her. You have all those wonderful memories. Look after yourself x x x

I’m sorry that the time has come to say goodbye :( but I always say it’s better to say goodbye a day too early than a day too late to spare any suffering (((hugs))) x

Back