• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My little man.........meet Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pristine Pigs

I would like to introduce you to one of my newest additons.
I know that he may not be to everyone likeing, but he is my special little chap. Once his three week quaretine is over I shall finding him a cage buddy form my exhisting group.

He is a 7 month old Skinny Pig boar and his name is Bear. He came form someone who was no longer able to look after him.

Anyway.....pigtures.

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

Hiya Pristine! Tartuffe here! can you email me as previous computer broke and will not let me access any of my sites (boo hoo) I love your little boy, I have Midge here who you are gonna love!

oh he is so lovely i love him, bless him, my friend has a little pom dog and she looks the same with very little hair and she is lovely too. i think hi little coat is just super did you make it?

aw! now he is cute! bless him, he's seriously making a statement with that jumper! hehe

Hi Tartuffe, I will email you as soon as I get home.

As for Bears coat, I brought it from a friend, I believe she is a member here (Crakerjack).

A friend of her made some and I brought this one in support of the football.

He is seriously adorable. I'm in love with the little guy!

You should start a fashion line of skinny clothing for the world cup lol.

Hes very cute! Question: If a skinny pig and a pig with hair bred what would the babies have :S lol x

Babies would be hairy, although they would carry skinny genes. They would have a small bald patch on their forheads. Although unless you know what you are doing I would not recomend breeding them as they have a very high level of care.

Awww I would love to have a skinny pig - I am guessing they are quite rare as its not everyday you go to your local rescue/pet store and see skinny pigs.

Oh no i dont plan to i was just intested I'm not someone who breeds i would worry too much! ill stick to rabbits when it comes to babies! x

squeakypigs said:
Awww I would love to have a skinny pig - I am guessing they are quite rare as its not everyday you go to your local rescue/pet store and see skinny pigs.

I don't thinks that is that they are rare as such.
In the UK most of them have been imported and many of those who do breed them are reluctant to let them go.

Because of this the price of a skinny is more than the average cavy owner would pay.

squeakypigs said:
How much do people sell them for?

You really want to know......

A Skinny carrier can go in the region of £50.
A Skinny, you are proabaly looking anywhere between £70-£120 depending on the amount o fhair on the cavy. The less hair the higher the price.
I paid £80 for Bear as he is quite hairy. Mad I know, but I am glad I have him. He is such a character. Not that my other cvies are not, but he is so different in attitude.

My goodness! :o

So not only are they incredibly gorgeous, they are expensive too! :)

another Bear how wonderful, my Bear is on my avator, unfortunatly he died in march, but your Bear is so sweet reminds me of a mini hippo, and the coat is very apt for the world cup,
I would pay up to £60 for a skinny pig but think i will stick with my hairy monsters, what extra care do they need?

michellemuffin said:
what extra care do they need?

Well, for obvious reasons they have to stay indoors. They need to be kept in a room with a constant temperature.
They need a warm place to sleep (I have made Bear some sleeping bags which he like to snuggly in).
They eat loads more, this is beacuse they have no fur to regulate heat, so they weat to keep warm.
You need to keep a check on things like nails as they can easily scratch themselves.
They really need to be bathed once a month to keeop their skin clean, and they need to be moisturiesed to prevent their skin from drying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back