• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My long haired Gp baby has matted fur what can i do

If you search gorgeous guineas on line you'll find they have a good range. X posh n go is the one I used.
Thankyou so much I'll order some and let you know how we get on xx

We have two baby 8 week old abysynnians and the one with the calmer fur currently has a tuft I think I should get rid of. My cat used to get them and they needed removing before things got matted.

However if you’ve seen me on other threads you’ll know I’ve only managed to pick them up once in the two weeks I’ve had them, they are so skittish. We are slowly slowly getting there as sometimes I can stroke their head if they are eating and have nowhere to go, one plays dead and the other screams blue murder.

So anyway, am guessing pulling it out while he’s in motion is a no-no (am only half joking)?!

We have two baby 8 week old abysynnians and the one with the calmer fur currently has a tuft I think I should get rid of. My cat used to get them and they needed removing before things got matted.

However if you’ve seen me on other threads you’ll know I’ve only managed to pick them up once in the two weeks I’ve had them, they are so skittish. We are slowly slowly getting there as sometimes I can stroke their head if they are eating and have nowhere to go, one plays dead and the other screams blue murder.

So anyway, am guessing pulling it out while he’s in motion is a no-no (am only half joking)?!
Oh. I read that at first that your cat used to get your guinea pigs, then I realised you meant it got matts. Lol

All I can say is three weeks today I had my three and things are getting so much easier. Perseverance and plenty of positive contact ( with food in my hand is key) Gary the Texel with matted fur under his chin will now let me get any mats with the clippers and he lets me brush and gently comb him daily, I’m so lucky my lads are just fab 😍💋 that’s Gary in his cardboard tunnel 😍FDD05CF9-37A5-4346-829A-9C2DCF14DB47.jpeg

Seven weeks on since I posted on here and they are 15 weeks old now, finally this week they are putting up with daily brushing/combing. Hooray! Had to cut a few matted bits away at the back and hopefully we won’t get so many with regular grooming.

I have found that one has matted bits on his tummy and I cannot seem to hold him in order to comb there. It’s also a tricky area to be snipping them out. Any advice for tummy grooming welcome!

Back