My New Arrivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicquita

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
as some may have read, these little ones haven't had a wonderful start, like far too many like them : ( these four range from four months to 8 months old, and were 'reduced' to sell

meet Archie, my little boy, who will hopefully be neutered in a little while, once i think he's healthy enough weightwise etc, as he's really skinny currently:

Before bath-
DSC00150.jpg

Post bath-
DSC00156.jpg

These three were bought as a reason to go back and snap photos of the breeders inhumane setup : (

my gain regardless

Meet Bumble:

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

And Bramble:

DSC00170.jpg

I'm a little unhappy about her, as i'm dubious as to her health, sadly, and worried she may be pregnant : ( so i couldn't quite pull off a smile for her photo

DSC00168.jpg

And until a permanent name is decided on, Thistle:

DSC00172.jpg

Thistle is apparently a 'tri-coloured self'... she is awfully awfully skittish, so i couldn't get a photo of her and me, as i would've like, just because it's nice to have photos with them. hopefully she'll be better someday, but the woman had a little boy who could open hutches, and these girls were in a low hutch. he pulled a rabbits ears and let it out while i was there, and they have dogs, so i dread to think about why she's so scared, but i definitely don't blame her

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
oh my word what a gorgeous set of piggies you have rescued from a nightmare today! I can't believe she lets her son do that especially in front of "customers" so to speak. Everything about this woman is unprofessional and uncaring. Where abouts is she based?

Reaction score
aww lucky little piggys. you've done a wonderful thing rescueing them. bet it was hard to only come home with 4

Reaction score
Hey Nicquita, just wanted to say hi as I'm new here but think we're fairly local to each other. Also well done for taking some of these poor piggies home with you. It really is quite heartbreaking but unfortunately far too common an occurrence :(. At least they now have a wonderful home with you x

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm so glad they were rescued they are alll sooo beautiful x)

Nicquita

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
oh my word what a gorgeous set of piggies you have rescued from a nightmare today! I can't believe she lets her son do that especially in front of "customers" so to speak. Everything about this woman is unprofessional and uncaring. Where abouts is she based?

she's based in Nottinghamshire. i'd love to name and shame, but think it's against forum rules, sadly. i also had to catch my pigs myself, as she apparently couldn't get to the lowest hutch. she was REALLY unprofessional. i feel like a bit of a backstabber being nicey nicey, but the animals have to come first, even if i have to lie a little.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
she's based in Nottinghamshire. i'd love to name and shame, but think it's against forum rules, sadly. i also had to catch my pigs myself, as she apparently couldn't get to the lowest hutch. she was REALLY unprofessional. i feel like a bit of a backstabber being nicey nicey, but the animals have to come first, even if i have to lie a little.

Its ok I only asked because I'm east midlands based (Leicester) and have seen an ad on gumtree that crops up regularly from the same person offering baby guinea pigs in wigston. I feel like emailing them to say if they don't want the babies and are just going to give them away then why not stop breeding them!

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its "breeders" like this that make bad names for those who breed and actually care for their pigs, like in all walks of life, the bad outshine the good.

My first abby came from a breeder - she was to replace the first girl I lost and willow needed a friend. There were 3/4 piggies in very clean but small cages stacked from floor to roof in the outbuilding, each cage was a very nice (again clean) wooden hutch but was only about 2ft x 2ft in size. I got the impression this is how breeders house their piggies and only pets get a nice big pen. Sadly a few weeks later the abby became very ill, very quickly and I had to rush her to the vet, it was too late to save her and the best thing was to pts, she had pneumonia.

That was why the next friend I got was from the rspca, actually ended up with two friends for willow - poppy an unwanted pet, and bramble a rescue case. These 3 lived for many years and I loved them greatly.

My point is - as a novice owner I fell into the trap of getting a piggie from such a breeder and I regretted it, that poor piggie didnt live long enough to know how much love I had for her and all the other ones who knows what happened to them. You have done well in not only finding out one of the bad ones and actually doing something about it.

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score

How the heck does she feed them if she can't reach...oh wait, she doesn't, I forgot :)>>> mallethead

Lovely piggies hun, glad they now have a safe home, I hope Thistle comes round x

Status
Not open for further replies.