My new baby- Simba

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsbells82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After Charlie was recently bereaved I wanted to get him a boar friend to go with- I contacted lots of local rescues but had no luck (some won't rehome single boars to live with boars, others won't bond them or didn't have anyone, some wouldn't rehome to us because we have young kids, and others because we lived too far away!). Anyway then I was browsing the rescue pages on facebook and saw a brand new set of babies that had been born to a rescue piggie on one page- shed been rehomed from a rescue, then been returned as she had fallen out with her cagemates, so she was then rehomed to the lady who had had one of the other piggies from the same rescue- however nobody had realised that at some point in the first rehoming she must have been near a boar, and her second adoptee (Starpigs) was really pleased with her weight gain- until her tummy started wiggling!

Anyway she had 3 girls and a boy- a little ginger boy who was born just a few days before Dinky died, as soon as I saw the photo it felt like fate and I e-mailed Starpigs to say I would love to try him with Charlie as he didn't have a brother to be rehomed with.

So... yesterday my OH left work early to take the kids and I did the 250 mile/6.5hour round trip via trains/buses/tubes/taxi's and lifts to meet the lovely Starpigs and collect Simba, and we're all totally in love- him and Charlie have took to each other brilliantly and they're both so happy leaping around the place together.

SAM_6030
SAM_6026
SAM_6023
SAM_5999
SAM_6003

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am so pleased the bonding went well. They look really happy together and Simba is so so cute.

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OH they are sooooo cute together! They look like brothers! Keeping my fingers crossed that their bond will stay strong! x

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
He is so gorgeous!

I am so pleased you found him, and the boys are getting on xx

hellsbells82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OH they are sooooo cute together! They look like brothers! Keeping my fingers crossed that their bond will stay strong! x

and me- I've been very lucky so far and of the seven boars I've had I've never had a big fall out (Fitz and Roy did recently but no blood and settled after a couple of days out in the pen together ) so am hoping and praying they stay bonded

hellsbells82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks all, I'm just so happy that neither of them are on their own now, Charlie has been noticeably less "needy" today (since Dinky died he is constantly up at his bars demanding attention from me) and keeps getting into bed with Simba, so seems really happy with his new little brother. My daughter kept asking if he was a hamster at first!

Sarah from Chucklebunnies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's really good news, I do hope the bond is strong and stable. I don't envy you the round trip to go and get him though, you are such a caring piggy Mom! Hats off to you!

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My goodness they are soooo cute, and look-a-likes! x) I love the name Simba...i wanted to call my next boar Simba hehe! Wishing them both the best for their future together x)

JoBo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They are the cutest pair of guinea pigs, cant wait to take a walk down the Lane to come and visit them x

Status
Not open for further replies.