• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My new bunny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was browsing through preloved yesterday and came across an ad of a rabbit that was free and who needed a loving new home, the owner is having to move to a house where pets aren't allowed so she is having to get rid of her 2 rabbits (both does but don't get on)

I couldn't resist and am now the owner of a 2 year old spayed doe who is currently un-named, though her old owner called her "Margaret." Her old owner got her as a rescue bun and before that she had been treated very badly, she's a very nervous bun who hates other buns and is a bit of a grump! She came with her cage and as soon as possible it will be upgraded to a huge pen.

At the moment she is very scared at being in a new place and has already thumped and tried to bite me which is understandable really. She is a medium sized bun I think, orange in colour with white feet. :)

Aww, congratulations. I'm sure if you give her plenty of time and love she'll stop trying to bite you :) No offence to anyone but Margaret doesn't strike me as a bunny name :))

Are you going to find a husbun for her?

The other rabbit was called Betty :))

Unfortunately she absolutely hates other rabbits, her old owner tried to bond her with her other doe and it didn't work, tried looking for a husbun and she hated them all, she's a sassy wee girly alright. :)

congratulations (: can we have some pictures of the new addition? rolleyes :))

I would definately try her again with a husbun. Rabbits are really sociable animals. Do you know how she tried to bond them? Rabbits are very difficult to bond if you don't know what you are doing. Maybe ask a rescue to do it for you.

Before her old owner got her she was treated horribly, now she has a fear of people. If you approach her slowly from above she will let you stroke her but she freezes, from the front and she will attack you :/

When she's let out to run around my bedroom she will hop back in her cage if the pigs make a noise or I even take a step, very nervous bun who doesn't seem to want to eat hay either. :(

Unfortunately I seem to be allergic to her, I have a cat allergy but as I'm fine with the pigs I never thought that I would be allergic to rabbits. Managed to stroke her a little and she has made me sneeze and itch :(

I will perservere for now though, despite my itchy eyes.

Aww congratulations.:) Sorry to hear you maybe allergic to her. :( Do you have any pics? She sounds gorgeous. x) She may be a trianta if she's an orange bun, one of my fave breeds of rabbit. :(|) I love ALL buns though and have 4 of my own. x)

Unfortunately it looks as if I'm going to have to give her back to her old owner, she has really plush fur and it's just aggravating my allergies so much, it's obvious she must of been abused in the past too, all she wants to do is sit in her cage and she's so scared of people. I realise that for a first time rabbit owner like me she probably wasn't the best choice, she needs so much time spent on her because she's so frightened and depressed, I know that I have to do the best by her and that will be giving her back :'(

That's it, Margaret was returned to her old owner and I can't help but feel that I failed her, I know I did what was best for her in the end and I could tell that she was glad to be back home. I love rabbits but having a really nervous, stressed out one that hates people has really put me off getting another. I was crying when I handed her over, strange how attached I had become to the moody mare :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back