• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

My New Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humfred

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My two boys used to live in a 2x7 C&C bit because they were both getting on a bit I decided to downsize. The coroplast was old and tatty anyway so only a few weeks ago I made a new cage. Its just under 4 by 4 foot (3,5 by 3 grids roughly) Shortly after that my oldest boy got ill and he has passed away. Anyway, I've now got two new girlfriends for my neutred boy who lost his friend. Typical- just after I decided to downsize. I think the cage is ok, although if I'd have known I was gettinf two new piggies I'd definitely made it bigger. (I still may in the future) I added a loft today. I know it doesn't count as floorspace, but I thought it would be nice for them to have some extra space to get away from each other. So here it is- my new cage....
Do you guys think I need to expand in the future?

IMAG1277.jpg IMAG1275.jpg

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It looks great. If you were to get more pigs though I think you'd want to expand?

Humfred

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes, I totally agree. I think it's just about big enough for my trio, but ideally I would like it bigger. Knowing me I probably will expand again, but I like the room as it is now as I actually have space to walk around. My rats are in the same room and when I had a 2x7 cage I struggled to clean all the cages because there wasn't much space. I'm definitely not getting any more pigs any time soon though!

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes, I totally agree. I think it's just about big enough for my trio, but ideally I would like it bigger. Knowing me I probably will expand again, but I like the room as it is now as I actually have space to walk around. My rats are in the same room and when I had a 2x7 cage I struggled to clean all the cages because there wasn't much space. I'm definitely not getting any more pigs any time soon though!
In which case it is nice to leave put.

Status
Not open for further replies.