My New Hay Racks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hay Racks, for me, are expensive at £4.99 each as i need 6 so i'm always looking for ways to keep costs down and improvise.

I found these CD Racks in Instore (old Poundstretcher) in the sale for 75p each, meaning i got 6 "hay racks" for less than the price of 1.
As my gran used to say "Poor Folk have Poor Ways"

Here's what they looked like when i bought them

After squashing the sides together

And the finished look - I screwed 2 cup hooks into the back of the hutch and just hung them on.

Angus & Fergus use 1 of theirs as a "hay tunnel" - found that out when i thought i'd "lost" Angus, i couldn't understand how he could have escaped, then my friend saw his nose poking out the end of it - bless him!
Here's one of Fergus with their "hay tunnel" behind him

Beks

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Good idea Niki! I cut up some C&C cubes and folded them round but it took a while as they are tough and then I had to make sure the edges weren't sharp ;D

amillar

Reaction score
Hi great idea its always good when you can have something for piggies that hasn't cost a fortune at a pet shop :)

S

sgprescue

Great idea 8) . I got some hanging baskets from Tescos reduced to 85p for my lot, they make great hay racks ;)

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
sgprescue said:
Great idea 8) . I got some hanging baskets from Tescos reduced to 85p for my lot, they make great hay racks ;)
I have 2 of those too, they're really good aren't they and the paper liners for them (2 for 25p) make great hidey holes ;D ;D

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Beks said:
Good idea Niki! I cut up some C&C cubes and folded them round but it took a while as they are tough and then I had to make sure the edges weren't sharp ;D
That's where the idea came from, when i saw them they kinda reminded me of a C&C grid :)

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Wow Niki that is a great idea! :)

More ideas for me when I have my girls in their c & c cages! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.