• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My new outdoor runs and shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mumstheword

Hi everyone, it's been a while! But I've come back again for a chat!

Thought you might like to see my shed and runs. We aren't finished yet, but here's where we are up to so far:

The shed - has 2 hutches built in, both 7ft long x 2ft deep. They can easily be divided up to make 4 smaller areas.
100_1937.jpg

Inside the top, and bottom, floors:
100_1940.jpg

100_1939.jpg

The circles at the end are the doors to the ramps down to the runs. The top one has it's 'door' shut in the pic.

The ramps, leading into the 'dry' run, which is paved to help the pigs file their nails down:
100_1943.jpg

100_1945.jpg

the tube with holes in the side runs into the grass run.
100_1946.jpg

Here's it all together
100_1947.jpg

We are going to divide the dry run into two, and make a second grass run, so that all the pigs can have free use of the runs together. At the moment, they have to take turns because the boys fight. They got together by mistake yesterday, and drew blood!

I think we will cover the dry run too so they can go out in the rain. They have had their first experience of rain today, a we had a brief downpour. They kept coming out, popcorning in the rain, and running back in!

Just showed it to hubby, he was well impressed, he said aww what lucky little piggers LOL

lol, i think i might move in with them!

I think we are gonna cover the 'dry' run area so they can still go out in the rain....not that they seem to mind it!

Thanks Kelly, there are 2 in the top and 5 in the bottom - no reason why they are split that way! THe only split we have to have is that two of the boys live together and one alone because of fights. The one alone is ok with girls as he seems to be sterile! He tries hard tho!

I think we are going to make a third row at the top too. Thats storage space at the moment, but there's also plenty of storage space underneath.

thats a wicked set up.

Its great seeing people's ways gives everyone else ideas too.

Michele

WOW! I won't show the boys because they will be jealous lol x

;DThe third level went on at last! But it's a bit hard to clean out because it's high up, and standing on a chair you have to stoop.

I'm reconsidering the inside of the shed now.

At the moment there's 3 7x2 cages.

I'm thinking of changing them by going round the corner making L shaped cages, but then dividing those when we need to, to make 4 5x2 cages, and reverting to using the top for storage. It could always be used if needed.

The only thing is that the piggies who are round the corner wouldnt get direct access to outside.........unless we had a series of drainage 'tubes' running through the other cages to oudoors.....hmm, now, there's an idea!

ps, no-one mention this to hubby til I've got my plan ready ;D ;) ::)

Can't wait to see updated pics!
I'm just about settled with my shed set up - when I have tidied it up I will take pics... I have a few runs that are too low - that i'm not even going to paint or make fronts for because they will just get full - OF PIGGIES :D

;D I know if I change it to make more cages, they'll get residents in there ;D

And the current third level as storage? who am I kidding ! lol!

I would love to see the piggies use the tubes to access their run. That is a great set up :D
My only worry would be that chicken wire is not fox proof as if they break one strand the whole lot unravels. So I hope you don't let them have access when you are not there to keep them safe. Foxes are everywhere these days:( They dig too:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back