• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

My new (temporary) arrival, he's a bit Skinny!

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
So I got range yesterday by my OH dad who said you don't know anyone who wants a 'Skinny Hamster'. He meant a skinny pig it turns out! Basically his friend had rescued one and put it in with her 2 females and later found out it was a boy. After offering to drop a spare cage off to her to separate them until she can re-home him he is now at my house. She had no space so he is in my spare bedroom as it's too cold in my Garage.
So meet Wilbur, they think he is 4/5 and he is literally the sweetest pig. I cuddled him last night and he licked me all over and fell asleep.IMG_1318.jpgIMG_1324.jpgIMG_1336.jpgIMG_1337.jpgIMG_1339.jpg

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
He is such a handsome piggy. He is very lucky to have found a place with you. .:luv:

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Unfortunately he isn't going to be able to stay with me :no:. I can't really keep him inside and i don't have enough space for a cage where he can have a friend. I am going to keep him for a bit to make sure he is fit and healthy and then he will find a new home.

I wish i could keep him.

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Haha was just about to post and say I'm sure I can fit him in! Love old boys and have quite a fondness for the skinnies now because of @Flutterby gorgeous piggy pics! :)
Think @Flutterby definitely best mummy around for a gorgeous lad like that! ;) x

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
You were the first person i thought of to be honest. Just want him to go to the best home. He is fairly old for neutering though as he is intact currently.

I am going to keep him a little while as it is the only time I will ever own a skinny pig. I think he is such a lovely piggie. Will keep you posted.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
You were the first person i thought of to be honest. Just want him to go to the best home. He is fairly old for neutering though as he is intact currently.

I am going to keep him a little while as it is the only time I will ever own a skinny pig. I think he is such a lovely piggie. Will keep you posted.
I wouldn't neuter him due to his age, I would pair him up with an older boar friend :) Just let me know, he is gorgeous :D

David Piggie Lover

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
That is one beautiful piggie. I can't wait till the day I have one skinny or more.
I fell in love with Trudie @Flutterby Piggie when I was l lucky enough to have her on my lap for a small time that I do ache for again. . it was heavenly all you on here will understand what I mean.
I'm takin a week of work soon and I'm bonding my 2 lots into 1. indoor as they are.
If Wilber was a lady I would defo be very intrested. I'm not experience enough to mix piggies yet. I'm learning all the time.
Wilber on behalf of my girls. HELLO. :luv:

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Yes I'm the same, would love some :)
I fostered a pair of hairless rats a few years ago and they were blooming loverly! No experience with the piggies though. Gorgeous! :)
Hope the lovely lad can get a great home very soon though, with a great bud :)
Old boys are always great, hormones not all fired up! And in my experience, food and cuddles are their best hobbies! Rather than that naughty stuff ;)

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Yes I always wanted some but a) I can't really afford them and b) I can't keep them inside. I wish that I could as he is literally the sweetest piggie.
I will enjoy him for the short while he is mine and then will let him go to someone off the forum most likely as I want him to have a knowledgeable home.
@Flutterby will be front runner as then I still get to see him for cuddles :D

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Yes I always wanted some but a) I can't really afford them and b) I can't keep them inside. I wish that I could as he is literally the sweetest piggie.
I will enjoy him for the short while he is mine and then will let him go to someone off the forum most likely as I want him to have a knowledgeable home.
@Flutterby will be front runner as then I still get to see him for cuddles :D
My home is open to him, you know he'll get looked after and i'll bring him to visit lol

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Thanks Ruth, you are ace. I'm hoping to keep him until the Cavy corner show! Just tell the other half that I can't find him a home, or that you can only take him in 5 weeks time, shhhhh! Just want a bit of time with a skinny pig as it has been a dream of mine for a while.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Thanks Ruth, you are ace. I'm hoping to keep him until the Cavy corner show! Just tell the other half that I can't find him a home, or that you can only take him in 5 weeks time, shhhhh! Just want a bit of time with a skinny pig as it has been a dream of mine for a while.
No problem Hannah just let me know when you are ready :D