• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Oakley

teddymouse

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
My lovely old husboar Oakley , the last few day's has been showing the classic signs of old age, hes eating slowly, walking with a wobble, and only managed afew paces at a time, losing weight, his favourite wifeletts Dewberry,BlackBerry and Rosehip, are keeping watch over him.l have been out in their yard all day and he's stayed close to me, trying to eat all the little treats I have pulled out the gardens and tubs for him, l feel our time together is now very, very short, he and Rosehip came to me by the RSPCA rescue, when they were 6 months old, brought for kids ,whom mother than found them messy and smelly .kids had got tired and bored with them, stopped cleaning and feeding them. He has spent the last 2,12 years as Hubboar to 26 wifeletts, in the hutch, with young Husboar Hemies moving in with them,spring last year, they get on well together.

Oh, it’s so hard watching a piggy in the twilight of their years but it sounds like his life changed immeasurably for the better when he came to you. I hope you get to enjoy a few more happy days together.

I’m sorry you are having to watch his decline. Just be happy that he has and is living his best life with you. Simple but what he needs. May you have some more happy days together.

Just been and fed round, picked my little feather weight up and put him to bed in the hutch with a pile of fresh hay. You love them for so long it's hard to think of life without them. When I look back over my long life and think about all the wonderful animals that have shared it with me, and enriched it., and I have had to say goodbye to. But they have all left behind wonderful memories.

Oh bless Oakley @teddymouse I'm very new on my piggie journey and I absolutely adore them already so I can only imagine how you are feeling 😢 But it sounds like you are one wonderful guinea Mumma and all of your piggies have hit the jackpot with you! ♥️ x

Really hope Oakley has lots more special time with his beloved ladies and the most amazing owner he could have with you @teddymouse. It’s so hard to see. But I’m sure he’s loved every minute with you and your piggles and got lots of brillliant piggy tales to tell xx

Sending you and Oakley hugs @teddymouse it's so hard to watch them decline but I hope you can find comfort in the knowledge that he has had a wonderful life with you and your piggies. I hope you have many more happy days together yet.

I was Dorset born and bred, lived there for my first 32 years and on and off for a few more of the rest. A wonderful place full of lovely people.

Update on Oakley, hes a fighter, he very slow and takes him a little longer to follow his ladys up the garden for their forage, l have been putting some in "the hutch " for him, but it's not the same.

Back