• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Poor Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtoguineas

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just took the boys to the veterinary nurse to have their nails clipped. She caught one of Waylons too low and it was dripping blood :( I feel guilty and sick and been crying all the way home :(

I know that feeling. But Waylon will be fine.

My piggy has black nails too, and I'm too scared to cut them by myself and when the vet did it, I was very nervous.

I know that feeling. But Waylon will be fine.

My piggy has black nails too, and I'm too scared to cut them by myself and when the vet did it, I was very nervous.
I have this problem all the time my marzipans nails are black and she's the most fidgety one and when you do catch them you feel so guilty ! x

Please don't feel bad! These things happen. It is bad that the vet nurse clipped them too short.

Don't feel bad! Must be annoying that the 'pro's aka vets' cannot cut a guinea pigs nails! Just a tip you can use a nail file instead of a clipper so no more guilt and blood!

I've done this a couple of times clipping my pigs nails. I felt awful but it was obviously a genuine accident and it wasn't as if I was just cutting them for fun. Don't give yourself a hard time about it. It does hurt the wee pig but from what I've read online, once it settles it's a similar sensation to when a human Cuts their nails too short. So it's annoying and sensitive but not serious. (providing they're not cut super short). Your piggy will forgive you (bring carrots!). :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back