• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My three rescues - Percy, Penny & Phoebe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here at last is a piccie of my gorgeous three rescues, Percy, Penny & Phoebe. Percy is my fave! Penny is a bit shy and Phoebe (black & white) is a bit of a bossy boots with Penny. Since this piccie they have had a bath with Gorgeous Guineas shampoo - Posh n' Go and they look even more gorgeous now :), but perhaps I'm biased. I can't understand why they had been at the rescue centre for over a year with no-one wanting them.
ThreePs-PercyPennyPhoebe.jpg

I'm told black pigs are often harder to rehome. However looking at that pigture its hard to imagine how anyone could resist those three Abby sweeties! Absolutely stunning. Its also supposed to be really hard to photograph black pigs too but you wouldn't know it from that pic! Lovely to see them! :)

Barmy4boars said:
I'm told black pigs are often harder to rehome. However looking at that pigture its hard to imagine how anyone could resist those three Abby sweeties! Absolutely stunning. Its also supposed to be really hard to photograph black pigs too but you wouldn't know it from that pic! Lovely to see them! :)

thats wierd becasue I find I'm attracted to blacks espcially selfs, they are so shiny normally if looked after. and your three little darlings would have snapped up months ago if I had seen them they are gorgous

Aww there sweet
As much as I love Sooty I find it hard to cut his nails because he's black and also take pics of them
But your are gorgeous

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
I love black piggies - mine are all black.

All 3 are just gorgous! :D I love black piggies - although I am yet to own one.

I have 2 new rescue piggies - a black and white abby cross and a black and white peruvian cross - both females.

They are lovely, just lovely! :)

lovely pigs ;D I have an all black pig and find it so hard to take photos of him. Any tips?

I love black piggies!

Sarah - Make sure there is plenty of light when taking photos, if they sit on a white towel or sheet - even a white background is better! :)

Barmy4boars said:
Apparantly (can't remember where I read it) when guinea pigs first came to this country they were given as 'amusing gifts' usually as wedding presents. Queen Victoria made them even more popular by owning some. Having a black piggie was meant to be good luck as black ones inparticular were meant to ward off evil spirits. Also the were used in a kind of illness divination, by moving the piggie over the person who was ill & waiting for it to wheek. The area that it wheeked was meant to be where the illness started!
I suppose in those times guinea pigs were still mainly wild/agouti type colouring so the black ones were rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back