• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nail / Toe growth

Poozybear

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, I just noticed that my piggie's toe/nail seems to have a growth that is odd. I have made an appt with the vet but they can't see him until next week. I'm concerned about bumble foot because I've been told that is very hard to treat. We keep our piggies in a very clean, well apportioned cage and trim their nails and clean the cage regularly.

IMG_2429.jpg

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Bumblefoot is open sores which this doesn’t look like.
Is it a growth on his toe or swelling? Is it something stuck on the nail/toe, perhaps poop?

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just noticed that my piggie's toe/nail seems to have a growth that is odd. I have made an appt with the vet but they can't see him until next week. I'm concerned about bumble foot because I've been told that is very hard to treat. We keep our piggies in a very clean, well apportioned cage and trim their nails and clean the cage regularly.

View attachment 156739
Hi!

Have you checked whether it is a poo caked to the nail? if that is the case, it may take a few rounds of soaking and gently working off.