• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Nail trimming day...Was fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, it was time for the wonderful...Nail trimmings!

Ralph took this quite well...He whined, he protested - butting my hand with his head but eventually let me get on with it.

Arnold...However...
First he bit me. Then he tried to wriggle free!
When that failed he took to pulling as hard as possible to get his feet away from my hands!
And when he realised he had no chance of escape...
He got rather upset! He had the odd tremble...And soon it turned into a full-on vibrate! He was trembling non-stop! It was so bad that I couldn't even finish doing his nails :{
He was terrified!

I felt like such a monster....He was more than happy to take some veggies from me, though {:| he wasn't so afraid of mummy then...

Oh bless!
They are drama queens when you do thier nails arent they?!
I did Jethros tonight and he was sooo well behaved! I have never had a piggy so well behaved whilst doing his nails.
Some of mine have bite me so hard before! :))

Luckily none of mine have ever been tooooo bad though Hector does like to wiggle around whereas Jake and Lentil are good little boys. They are very over dramatic though hehe

our boys were like that. not yet cut the new couples but they will need doen shortly, there slightly more placid so hopefully it should be easy :D. but for mo and jules we would have to bribe them with some veg otherwise they would wriggle about.

Nail trimming is so much fun not lol :) I have never done their nails till the other week after my mum showed me how and what fun it was. Pip was ok with it but Maisy and Daisy hated it. I can do the front ones ok but the back ones was alot harder as they kept getting their legs free

Nail trimming is so much fun not lol :) I have never done their nails till the other week after my mum showed me how and what fun it was. Pip was ok with it but Maisy and Daisy hated it. I can do the front ones ok but the back ones was alot harder as they kept getting their legs free

I struggle with the front ones most because their chin fat- I mean fur! Gets in the way rolleyes

I really need to cut Reggie's nails, I am trying to build up the courage to do it though as I'm scared lol x

i manage to do back ones but not front yet. freddie was ok baz was different story trying to bite end of clippers and pulling hard on my cardy when i started stroking his head he is ok but being left handed had trouble trying to stoke him and cut nails so manage to get partner to keep stoking him while manage to cut back ones

Maybe it's because my son has very steady and large hands my boys happily lay back for a regular health check so nails are never much of a problem.

IMGP1106.jpg

Here is an example of Stratos (who came to us as a fighting biting piggie). He trusts us so much now he will lay for sometime, but never as long a Shelby ever did- my son could lay him on the floor, on his back, and leave him there while he wandered off to collect clippers, comb or whatever. Shelby would happily lay there for ages and would sometimes wash his face while he was there!

S h a g g y screams bloody murder when I cut his nails. He struggles a lot too, but I just learned to wrap him in a towel to keep him still. Once the towel is on him he calms down a lot more.

I did one of my ladies the other day and she made a complete fool of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back