• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nail trimming

DonDon121405

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

Top tips for trimming nails please. I’ve been having a look and I think they will need to be done soon but our new piggies are still weary of us and rarely let us pick them up and stroke them.

is it better to book in an the vets and get them to do it?

I am terrified of cutting too much off and hurting them.

Thanks in advance.
😀

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
If your piggies are new its always a good idea to get them registered with the vet and have a routine health check anyway, so why not get the vet to do them the first time, while they settle in and get used to you!

DonDon121405

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If your piggies are new its always a good idea to get them registered with the vet and have a routine health check anyway, so why not get the vet to do them the first time, while they settle in and get used to you!
Thank you I have registered with the vets and was planning on a general check so I will ask :-)