• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nail wont stop bleeding!

Brownie&Blondie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I was clipping blondie's nails, and I think I cut into a vein....
It is still bleeding a little bit, but she is playing with Brownie, eating, drinking. I am really worried/scared and feel super guilty :(.
Any tips?

Hello and welcome to the forum

Yes, cornflour is the best bet, if it’s still bleeding though I think it might be best to get the nail checked out by a vet

The nail should stop bleeding after 10-15 minutes; if not, please contact a vet clinic.

Ok, Thank you so much!
Nail Stopped Bleeding after I tried keeping it in flour for 5 minutes
I am so relieved but feel so bad for her.
She is now back to normal, but I am going to keep an eye on her.

One thing that I am a bit worried about is that the nail was definitly bleeding for more than 15 minutes. Now that it has stopped is there anything else I should do? I gave her a little bit of apple...

One thing that I am a bit worried about is that the nail was definitly bleeding for more than 15 minutes. Now that it has stopped is there anything else I should do? I gave her a little bit of apple...
If it’s stopped bleeding don’t worry, just make sure her cage is kept nice and clean for a few days while it heals

It is a panic when a cut nail bleeds s.
I’m glad it stopped and I’m sure Blondie will be fine.
I have a wriggler who often ends up with bleeding, cornflour and a towel usually do the trick.
Hope you are feeling better as I know it can make you feel very anxious when this happens.

I am sure many of us have done exactly the same thing. I am sure she will be fine and will forgive you as long as you keep providing the treats.

Blondie is doing amazing now! Her scab is gone on her toe, and she seems to be doing fine, popcorning, zooming, playing!

Back