• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Natures Own Meadow Hay very thorny batch - what a lovely company to deal with!

EJMA82

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I ordered 2 lots of meadow hay 2 weeks ago, opened a batch yesterday and got several splinters. Opened the second batch as well and it was the same, very sharp and spiky.
I'd ordered some more of the sweet green and 5 a day anyway which will be coming tomorrow. I sent an nice email to make them aware as I've always had good quality hay and forage from them so thought it must have just been a bad batch. They are sending me out 2 new bags of the meadow hay with my order tomorrow with some extra 'treats' for my piggies! Their email made me chuckle as the guys signed it off with 'I don't want you to think we are a thorny company'. I'll probably have enough hay to last 6 months now:D

I've always found them to be very good. I let them know I was finding loops of string in mine a couple of years ago and they sent more bags. I'd only let them know as something was obviously going wrong. My piggies don't like their green hay surprisingly. I've just switched to Hay Box as I get my Timothy from them, but their Meadow is very expensive as a bedding hay so I think I may buy some of both.

I've found Norfolk pastures to be terrible for thorns almost all the time, so I stopped using them. I've never had an issue with b and m hay though. The clearly must have a thorny weed or Bush growing rapid in the fields they use

Nature's Own is the range isn't it and online

The Range sell their Timothy with bits in but they sell someone else's meadow which I found to be poor quality. Nature's Own Meadow I buy direct from them on line. The B&M Timothy with bits in is cheaper than the Nature's Own, mine went off it and always left the flowers anyway!

I got some of Nature's Own sweet green hay and five a day hay delivered last week and it was the best hay I have had for a long time. Lovely and fresh, green and sweet smelling. I think unfortunately you must have just got a dodgy batch.

So nice to hear that they dealt with your problem well.

I order all 3 hays and just give a bit of everything as I find they seem to eat more. The sweet green hay smells delicious. I’ve only got 2 piggies now so it’s not so expensive for me as it lasts ages.

I've found Norfolk pastures to be terrible for thorns almost all the time, so I stopped using them. I've never had an issue with b and m hay though. The clearly must have a thorny weed or Bush growing rapid in the fields they use

Nature's Own is the range isn't it and online
Yes but if you buy direct from their website it’s loads cheaper and if you spend over 20 quid it’s free next day delivery.

Back