Near miss this morning!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My poor girl Daisy has two nasty, stitched holes in her back from her biopsy op. They have been healing well but today they are a little red so thought I would bath them in some salt water.

the kettle needed filling so I thought I would just put her on the kitchen floor for a run around whilst I sorted the kettle. What I had forgotten was that my husband had removed the kick board when we replaced the dishwasher recently and the floor needed repairing. Our house is raised slightly so under the floor there is a vast empty space and there are some holes under the cupboards which go into the empty space. Daisy thought ‘great let’s go exploring
‘and before I had a chance to react she shot under the cupboards and started to explore. I called her, offered her pepper but she just told me she was exploring and leave her alone...sat in the furthest corner so I could not reach her. It’s damp, filthy and full of rubble. I utterly freaked and with a combination of a broom handle and brute force...boy is she stubborn. I grabbed her and yanked her out..felt really bad as I was really rough with her as I could‘nt risk losing my grip. She was shaking and I was shaking!

honestly, I have not been that scared in years,she could have got loose under the floor boards and that doesn’t bear thinking about! She is the world best explorer that one..cheeky monkey! They can be so naughty!

Katsycakes

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Oh no! So glad you managed to get her back out from there quickly! For such little creatures they do get up to an amazing amount of mischief!

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Glad you managed to get hold of her quickly before any harm came to her! They do like to scare us!

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It's when they say "Oh we'll never do it again!" and then 30 seconds later...

Sometimes I wonder how we ever come through with our sanity intact.

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
She’s the tiniest piggy I have had, at 3 years she hovers around 900g. She’s very feisty and light on her feet and for one so small, boy is she naughty! However, she is also so friendly and will always rush up for head rubs and cuddles. She is so good whilst I bath her wounds, just sits as still as she can, even though she twitches which shows it’s uncomfortable. She is definitely going to be a memorable character!

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So glad you caught her!
Years ago Pedro did one of his escapes and ended up behind my washing machine, squeezed through a tiny gap at the back under the cupboards, spent hours under there and I couldn’t take the bottom off :doh:I was crying and freaking out there was rat poison or something under there (council property, not mine!) then the little bugger came bouncing out with his little smirky face like nothing had happened!:))

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Omg that must have been awful! I would have freaked out completely. They just don’t seem to care do they! Lol

Daisy took immense interest in the dishwasher and was about to squeeze under it when I caught her. I could a, see her getting properly stuck(and it’s integrated so we couldn’t lift it) and b, ripping her stitches out.

Gotta love them! :hb:

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
No matter how much stress and mini-strokes they cause! :)):doh:
Thank god you got her, especially with her war wound bless her!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
In the first she is looking all angelic, in the second she shows her true self! Nosey and inquisitive..