• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Need Help Asp - Swollen Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxrocketxx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
For the month of January I noticed Dill Weed's (guinea pig) area were he pees and poops is swollen but not hot. So I freaked out and looked it up. Well some websites are saying his balls dropped (he was 5 months old last month) or he could have an infection if the area is hot. Last night I noticed that he won't leave that area on his body alone. Butting it to where it bleeds almost. I don't know what to do. Please help. I have an appointment to see the vet today.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Good that you have booked him in already! We also have got a piggy savvy vet locator on the top bar.

A vet needs to see whether he has an issue additionally to his descending testicles (for which he is at the right age for). If he is bleeding/has blooy urine, it could be the beginnings of a urinary tract infection (UTI).

As we are dealing with members from all over the world, you can help us a lot by adding your country, state or (for the UK) your county or city, so we can always give you the best advice and recommendations for your location straight away. Please click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.