• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Need some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cglith

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I have just lost one of my female pigs, she was only just a year old so still in shock. I am now left with Bubble who is three, not sure what to do. Will she be ok on her own? She lives indorrs as the children feel close to them. Must admit the thought of going through the last week, and losing another one I am reluctant to get another pig. On the other hand I hate the thought of her being lonley.:(

I personally would look to finding her a friend, we have had to do this on numerous occasions now :(, it's always heartbreaking when we lose them but I do feel they are happier with company of their own kind. So sorry to hear of your loss, we lost one some weeks ago he was only 18months, leaving his brother alone, we managed to find him a friend and he's really happy again.

oh no i am really sorry about your loss.

I would think your remaining piggy will be desperately lonely if used to living in a pair.

It is sad to lose them, everytime it shatters my heart into a million pieces, but then i think i can rescue another and i feel so much better.

There are lots of piggies needing rescue at the moment, so good luck.

Again, I'm really sorry about your baby girl x x>>

I am sorry for your loss. Sadly, heart attacks and strokes can happen at any age.

The best way of finding Bubble a new friend is if you could find a rescue within your reach that allows to bring Bubble for some piggy dating; that way, Bubble can choose who she is happiest with. It is worth ringing round!

I have done that twice with great success. Once another three year old bereft sow adopted Minx and me (it was not the other way round!) and once 3 1/2 year old Dizzy fell head over heels for the charms of 12 months old neutered Llewelyn. They had a most devoted "marriage" until Dizzy died, aged 5.

Here is a list of reputable rescues:
http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/centres.asp

Best of luck! I hope that Bubble will be happy again!

Thank you everyone who gave me advise on losing one of my paired females.
It's been two day's now and Bubble is very quiet. Have been looking online and phoned local rescues but not had any luck. I was hoping to find a female of similar age or a neauterd boar. I am in the east midlands if any members have any ideas I would love to hear from them. Should I buy a baby and intruduce them slowly? I am reluctant to do that as there seem to be so many pig's that need new home's.

I have two neutered boars looking for homes at the moment ( they aren't paired ) and travel to Birmingham once a month so could make a slight detour. If you want any more info then PM me x

Doh! Forgot you can't pm until you have done so many posts so if you want any more info just post a reply on here :)

Doh! Forgot you can't pm until you have done so many posts so if you want any more info just post a reply on here :)

Thank you so much that would be so helpful. My email is [email protected]. Bubble seem's so quiet I am sure she would be happy with a friend. It's so weird how quiet the house is ( no happy piggy call's)

Hi, Sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful piggie. Have you tried Honeybunnies Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue based in Leicester. Phone no. 0116 286 9887. They've usually got piggies in looking for forever homes. Good luck with your search. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back