• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Need some advise. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michele

My daughter is going to be at nursery 5 mornings a week from september so I'm trying to think of ideas of businesses I can get my teeth in to.

One of the ideas I have is starting up a small Holiday boarding business for guinea pigs starting with 2 hutches. Does anyone have any advise or experince in this. I'm still in the planning stage and I'm trying to work out if i can do it. Any advise welcome. I also have nearly 4years experience with guinea pigs. Would you say i need more experience or that would be enough to run a small business.

Thanks

Michele aka Mrs Mod!

Have no advice to give you love, but just want to say that I think it's a great idea and wish you all success with it! I have over 12 years experience with piggies and still learning new things so not too sure on whether or not yours will matter..

Good luck!

Mrs Player xx

Thanks fro replying. It still in the planning stage may not happen. Cos my daughter will be at playschool 5 mornings a week and am looking at my options. I've contacted a few hoilday boarding places already and a few has been very helpful.

Hoping everything works out for you.. If you feel that you can do it, then give it a go for sure!

Decided to get 2 more piggies instead. prefer to look after my own then someone elses. Getting Starshines pair of boars Star and Ray.

so excited. Anyone know a good company to buy a hutch from online?

I'm sure you will do a lovely job with running a holiday boarding house for piggies. It is so difficult to go away when you can't be sure pets will be looked after properly. And you will have lots of love and experience to give to your boarders, besides the help and support from people on the Forum.
You must think everything through first. Advertise in the newsagent for extra hutches if you think you will need more than two. Lots of people stop keeping rabbits and piggies when their children grow up, and have spare hutches, water bottles etc. Also write out the agreement to be signed by the piggies' owners, getting instructions about how to contact them, permission to visit the vet if they fall ill, what their food likes/dislikes are, and (heaven forbid) absolving you of responsibility if the piggy should die. I'm sure other Forum members can give you lots more tips about starting up this new business.

Best of luck,
Caroline x

four years of learning about pigs is nothing we are all still learning, dont think you could say you know it all, no one can its ongoing, so dont think thats a reason not to go ahead but much better to have 2 new ones of your own, you lucky thing, and you dont have to give them back, that would be my downfall I'd hold them hostage lol ;)

Sorry but i'm not having the new baors now due to major hubby problem and not doing my business either going to have to go out to work. >:( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back