Need your ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay so new hutch has a huggeee bed area for guineas! 4 will fit in easily, but I don't know what to put in there, normally i was just put straw, but cos its so big i was them to have a house type thing, or something else?

anyone have any ideas? might line the bottum with fleece, x

Last edited:

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That doesn't look that huge, what measurements is it?

My hutches I have for my pairs have sleepy areas 1.5ft x 2ft and two piggies can lie down comfortably together. I had three in there for a short period of time (now in a bigger hutch) and it was a bit of a squeeze, and Bounty and Snickers are only small :{

ghostbusterbunny

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My girls' bedding box is lined with sawdust with a nice thick layer of meadow hay on top for nibbling/sleeping on. They've taken to lying on it now (Willow and Izzy's influence has rubbed off on my two Abby girls who used to burrow in it!) so I now put an extra thick layer on, to give extra warmth if they want/need it.

Fleece will need changing very regularly. I wouldn't consider it for my hutch, especially with more than a couple of pigs in it (I have 6 in my hutch, I'd be changing fleece daily, whereas I can just tidy up the manky bits of sawdust and hay).

It's very hard to tell just how big that bedding box actually is though! :)

threelittlepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How about a cavy cozy, piggy bed or tunnel? :)

I make and sell them in aid of guinea pig rescues and sanctuaries: www.cavycozies.com

I have one or other item in my indoor cage all the time and they are well used by my piggies. I have found that they last about a year with regular washing before they get too tatty.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.