• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Nervous Travelling With Piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone else get worked up when they have to travel with their piggies? I am planning on taking my girls to a new vet this week just for a check up but it's around an hour away and the whole travelling part kind of puts me off but I really want to go just for peace of mind. I have taken them on a 3 hour journey before my myself and I can't help but just be so nervy the whole way. I worry about the road noise freaking them out and everything! I just worry I am stressing them out and get total paranoid that I may make them ill by putting them through it :hb:

Also, there was hailstones here today and it's freezing so I assume it would be a good idea to warm the car up before putting them in?

I am the same. I worry they will be cold, hot or I will be run over and they will be abandoned. We do torture ourselves.

I am the same. I worry they will be cold, hot or I will be run over and they will be abandoned. We do torture ourselves.
It really is horrible! I am even concerned about taking them outside (it was 4 degrees today) to get them to the car! (It's like 3 steps away) but I'm worried they will get a scare from the instant change in temp. Even though they will be in their box stuffed with hay! And I'll put a fleece over them til they're in the cosy car (not too hot though) haha it's never ending!

You are so right to say it never ends. I wonder why we are nervous wrecks were our little ones are concerned. It makes life very stressful.

It would be good if you warmed up the car, but please don't get worked up about travelling with your piggies! Most fall asleep in the car after a half an hour or so, especially on bigger roads. ;)

It would be good if you warmed up the car, but please don't get worked up about travelling with your piggies! Most fall asleep in the car after a half an hour or so, especially on bigger roads. ;)
Thanks Wiebke. In my head I think they're fine but I still get those nervy butterflies in my tummy! I just need to stop getting worked up I think :)

Thanks Wiebke. In my head I think they're fine but I still get those nervy butterflies in my tummy! I just need to stop getting worked up I think :)

Your piggies will be fine and will survive! Talk about stress when your train is cancelled at the last moment and you have to go the long way round with some freshly adopted piggies in an overfilled train... :mal:

Your piggies will be fine and will survive! Talk about stress when your train is cancelled at the last moment and you have to go the long way round with some freshly adopted piggies in an overfilled train... :mal:
I would probably break down in tears! Definitely not brave enough for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back