• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Neurological problems

Guineapig01

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My Guinea pig is dragging her back leg I took her to the vets who said she has got neurological problems and the best thing is to put her down. She is 4 and a half I'm just wondering if anybody has got any advice fur me I really don't want to put her down it will break my heart

weepweeps

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m really sorry to hear that. I hope someone with some experience of this will be along to help soon. ❤

Guineapig01

New Born Pup
Reaction score
He doesn't think any medication will help her and just says to put her down I'm wondering if I can buy anything to help her

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
My Guinea pig is dragging her back leg I took her to the vets who said she has got neurological problems and the best thing is to put her down. She is 4 and a half I'm just wondering if anybody has got any advice fur me I really don't want to put her down it will break my heart
Hi

I am very sorry. You are always welcome to seek a second opinion.

Here are our tips on how to look after guinea pigs with mobility issues: Looking after guinea pigs with limited or no mobility