• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Neutering?

emmaldrk

New Born Pup
Reaction score
How dangerous is it?

I am considering neutering my youngest boar - when he is only enough. The earliest that my vet will do it is in 8-9 weeks time. He will be over 16 weeks old and they’ll check prior to the operation that all can proceed.

I’ve had boars for about six years and love them very dearly but the most recent passing, of my Freddy, has made me think. The new bonding of my remaining boar, Teddy, went perfectly. He took instantly to his new companion but I am considering that when the time come and the youngest one is left alone (as his Teddy is a much older boar) that I would like to bond him with a sow. The only want this is possible is to neuter him. 😬

I’ve never seen it as ever necessary. I’m naturally a little worried though even though my vets is amazing. I just am trying to think long term...

Can someone give any advice?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score