New Aggressive Behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie_edith

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am not sure what is going on with my pigs, I have read the behavior stickys but I am not really 100% sure what to do, I think if I were to take the advice of the sticky, then I will be separating their habitat down the middle.

Story;
All of a sudden, Myrtle has been mounting Franny, chasing her around the cage and not letting her go to the hay troughs, the hideys, basically saying everything is MINE! They got along fine in the beginning, I am not exactly sure what happened or frankly what to do. While Myrtle is doing the mounting and chuttering , Franny is making the tiny little chirping sounds and just tries to get away from her, she doesn't seem to be antagonizing or reciprocating.

Does anyone have advice or personal experience with this issue?

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like Myrtle is experiencing a very strong season. It should hopefully be over by tomorrow. While sows don't experience hormonal fall-outs like boars, some are also subject to occasional strong hormonal spikes, which usually manifest in behaviour like you are reporting. Leave the girls be; unlike you, they know what is going on. Most sows are very forgiving towards hormonal excesses during a bad season.

archie_edith

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
okay so what you are saying is she is PMS'ing hardcore and they will work it out soon. haha- oh that makes me feel better. Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.