• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs ord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As a few of you know Butler (formally Gladiator) arrived at the Ord house on Saturday. The initial introduction was pretty quiet with a bit of a stand off where no one moved or did anything they all just sat staring at each other. My girls have been alone for nearly three years so it was a lot for them to take in and I think Butler was like a kid in a sweet shop (two girls all for me!) and didn't know where to start :))

Anyway things have progressed and the chasing and humping has started (he is currently known as His Royal Humpyness) Both girls are submissive in that they usually run from him but also not submissive in that they wont alow him to hump them. I think this is due to him being a little smaller than them so they are currently standing their ground (just wait till he grows :)))

Typical senario is that he will chase and the girls scream blue murder whilst he rumbles and follows them. Then they all stop to eat some veg or hay. Then the chasing, wheeking and rumbling starts again. I have seen them all lying in and around the hay tray not sleeping but resting and happily chilled out together (still rare though). The girls don't seem scared as they will stop mid chase for a drink or a nibble then carry on when he trys to mount them (or not sometimes depending on what type of veg it is) He is also doing quite a lot of popcorning now usually mid chase like he's realy pleased with himself so he's not scared of the girls either.

Realy I'm just wondering is all this normal? Do they sound like they are going to settle in and live together peacefully? How long should I expect the humping and rumbling to last?

Sounds like it is all progressing well!

Things are going VERY well for your group!

The girls are not in season, but are very vocal in telling him that they are not ready for him - YET (but they will when the time is right!). All the shrilling seems to spur the boys on in my experience.

Hopefully, the noise will calm down a bit more within the next few days, but you will get a flare up whenever a girl comes into season for a day or two. It is normal that the first few seasons will be exceptionally strong as the girl's hormones are reacting to the presence of a new boar. This behaviour serves to bond them even closer with the male; you may spot quite a bit of licking and piggy cuddling on the day after.

No wonder is Butler perfectly happy - he's a boy in paradise! :))

With eight girls, I get the odd mad two or three days when all my most hormonal sows come into season close together, but the last one has been comparatively quieter, as they group is settling down again after all the upsets and Ffowlyn is now turning into an adult as well.

By the way, sows come into season every 15-17 days, at the end of which time they will be ready and willing to mate for a very hours. You will not notice every time once things have settled down, only occasionally.

I'm pleased things are as they should be. There have been a few times where I've thought the girls were actually wheeking in enjoyment at the chase as if it was fun but then other times he's not even touching them and you'd think he was trying to murder them the noise they make rolleyes. Its all very dramatic :)) Me and the OH are riveted watching our own little soap opera going on in the kitchen.

I'm pleased things are as they should be. There have been a few times where I've thought the girls were actually wheeking in enjoyment at the chase as if it was fun but then other times he's not even touching them and you'd think he was trying to murder them the noise they make rolleyes. Its all very dramatic :)) Me and the OH are riveted watching our own little soap opera going on in the kitchen.

Soap opera indeed! :(|) I find it riveting how many shades of expression the girls can work into their "boar chat" wheeking!

I just thought i'll share the story of his name. It makes me look very stupid mallethead but its funny.

He was Gladiator which is a bit of a mouthfull so I was like erm who was in Gladiator and I thought it was Gerard Butler. Didn't like Gerard but Butler was good and rolls of the toungue nicely. After a day OH informed me it was actually Russell Crowe :red I still like Butler though :))

Soap opera indeed! :(|) I find it riveting how many shades of expression the girls can work into their "boar chat" wheeking!

It goes like this;
"chase me, chase me, chase me, he he, right ok thats enough, thats enough now, come on give over, get off me, I mean it back off, NOW, get away from me, STOP IT, ..........oh where you going? come on, chase me chase me chase me he he he"

Thats what I think anyway :))

I just thought i'll share the story of his name. It makes me look very stupid mallethead but its funny.

He was Gladiator which is a bit of a mouthfull so I was like erm who was in Gladiator and I thought it was Gerard Butler. Didn't like Gerard but Butler was good and rolls of the toungue nicely. After a day OH informed me it was actually Russell Crowe :red I still like Butler though :))

It was Russell Crowe, but I like the name Butler - it's one we haven't had on the forum yet, and I am convinced that he'll serve the girls well... :)):red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back