New baby piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well almost new she arrived last Sunday.

My mum went to buy an old wardrobe from someone local to put up our stables for coats etc. But she also came home with a 8 week old baby piggy, it was on it's own in a large hamster cage mallethead with a bowl of dry food no hay or veg, the people bought it from a pet store a week earlier but told her that they didn't really know why they bought it and daughter had lost interest already, they said they are giving it away and were going to put it in the paper. Some people make me sick.:)>>>

Anyway mum arrived at mine with a small thin (I could feel her ribs) baby piggy in her jacket straight from the people but I didn't have anywhere to put her so we decided to introduce her to Lola on our laps and on the floor in my hallway so they had netutral space to meet mum kept an eye on them whilst I cleaned out Lola's cage. Lola did a lot of rumblestrutting and bottom sniffing but was very gentle. I then spent the day watching them in Lola's cage I made sure I rubbed my hands all over Lola and her scent gland and then handled the baby so she would smell similar.

They have now been together almost a week and I am pleased to say Lola has been really good with her lots of rumble strutting from Lola but, Muffin :)p named by my daughter seems very happy running around the cage jumping in the air and munching her veg and hay wheeking . Lola has been cuddling her in the hide and I have heard her purring, Muffin is very chatty and vocal and gets so excited when I put their veg in :)) She has put on weight already.

She is gorgeous I think she is a teddy cross and she is 4 colours will add piccies shortly.

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
some people just dont have a clue do they grrrr

well done for giving her a home and hope they continue to settle together.

Reaction score
Muffin (taken this morning) having a cuddle with my daughter

videos001-1.jpg

videos002-1.jpg

Reaction score
Awwww sooooo glad your mum found this poor girl. The mind just boggles doesn't it! Congratulations on your new addition ;)

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
People... grrrr.

Great that you could offer this girl a home and that Lola has decided they can be friends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.